joeride

Interesting note from MLB Trade rumors

Eduardo Rodriquez, the pitching prospect the Red Sox acquired from the Orioles for Andrew Miller in July, could end up being a key acquisition, WEEI.com?s Alex Speier writes. ?Steal of the trade deadline?I know Miller is doing great in Baltimore, but this kid will make that trade look real bad,? says one evaluator. Rodriguez was dominant for Double-A Portland, posting an 0.96 ERA with 9.4 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9 in 37 1/3 innings there before being promoted to make his debut for Triple-A Pawtucket Friday in the International League Championship Series. Here?s more from around the American League.

He's a solid prospect, but we had to give up something of value to land a player of Miller's caliber; it sucks that it was within the division but if Miller plays a key role for the Orioles in a deep playoff run this year, then I think you probably have to consider the move a success for the most part.

Best of luck to Rodriguez, but I make that trade all day long. Hopefully, success from Gausman, Bundy, and Harvey makes ERod no better than a fifth option for this club. It'd be nice to see Berry as a lefty step up.

Cool he's doing good in AA which means nothing. I will wait to judge trade when he reaches the Majors.

Figures he puts up those numbers as soon as he leaves. Wasn't his ERA above 4 for us this year?

There's the thing; small sample size for Boston. And those kind of quotes have been said about many, many pitchers that did not pan out. Heck Andrew Miller is a failed starter.

Cool he's doing good in AA which means nothing. I will wait to judge trade when he reaches the Majors.

This. We've seen O's prospects over the years who breezed through AAA but couldn't make it in the majors. Rodriguez might make us regret the move eventually - but I'm fine with taking this chance. Not only did we get Miller, but another AL team potentially didn't.

Trades shouldn't be judged based on outcome. Trades should be judged based on the odds that different outcomes will come to fruition at the time the trade is made. But since that's impossible to definitively determine, I guess we're stuck judging them based on outcome.

I hope we re-sign Miller this offseason.....more value for the Os from this trade, no matter how EdRod turns out...

Me too. Not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We gave up a prospect for a guy who could help us make the playoffs and then help in the post season. So far it has worked as planned. We have all six starters coming back next season so we should be good then too. Hopefully in a few years when we need starters we will have quality ones ready. DD has proven that he can get quality pitchers to help the team win games. Like Miller.