srh523

Game #1 ALDS game time

Are you always this angry?

You could end up being right about it being the early game on Friday, but tone down the attitude a little bit. Is it REALLY that big of a deal to get this worked up about?

Its my fault for using the internet meme 'deal with it.'

Instead of thinking of a tone of an angry clerk asking you to do something, think of someone else making fun of an unpleasant situation. It's just a baseball game. I know it sucks not being able to go

if you bought tickets.

crying-money-woody-harrelson-zombieland.gif

There is no logic to putting the nationals game first.

Its my fault for using the internet meme 'deal with it.'

There is no logic to putting the nationals game first.

I disagree. The NL wild card game is Wednesday, Thursday is their travel day with their game 1 in Washington Friday. It makes more sense to me to play that one early since the Os and Tigers will have played Thursday night. Why wouldn't they give 2 teams that played the night before a few extra hours rest?

FSI has TBA from 2:30 PM to 11 PM on Friday. A few Fox Sports Live thrown in. Looks more and more like the Orioles get the 6 PM on Thursday and the 1:07 on Friday.

Per the Sun:

Showalter said he is concerned about having a short turnaround with possibly playing at night in the playoff opener and then during the day in Game 2.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-hold-team-meeting-to-start-talking-about-postseason-plans-20140925,0,5261599.story#ixzz3EQ5hnb5f

http://www.foxsports.com/tv-listings

FSI has TBA from 2:30 PM to 11 PM on Friday. A few Fox Sports Live thrown in. Looks more and more like the Orioles get the 6 PM on Thursday and the 1:07 on Friday.

Per the Sun:

Showalter said he is concerned about having a short turnaround with possibly playing at night in the playoff opener and then during the day in Game 2.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-hold-team-meeting-to-start-talking-about-postseason-plans-20140925,0,5261599.story#ixzz3EQ5hnb5f

Makes no sense to me. Why give orioles such a quick turn around when you could give nats 1 pm game fri and an evening game sat? Only reasoning I can come up with is that nats will be hosting a west coast team, which would be 10 am their time.

If I'm mlb I schedule something like this...

Thurs

Bal 6

LAA 9

Fri

DC 1

Bal 4

LAD 7

LAA 10

Sat

DC 7

LAD 10

.... But im not the mlb.

Edited by Samatwing

Makes no sense to me. Why give orioles such a quick turn around when you could give nats 1 pm game fri and an evening game sat? Only reasoning I can come up with is that nats will be hosting a west coast team, which would be 10 am their time.

If I'm mlb I schedule something like this...

Thurs

Bal 6

LAA 9

Fri

DC 1

Bal 4

LAD 7

LAA 10

Sat

DC 7

LAD 10

.... But im not the mlb.

The times are set for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is what the two TV networks involved want. It's also worth nothing that Yom Kippur begins Friday at sunset and so if a team has a significant Jewish fanbase they may make an attempt to schedule that team's game so that it ends well before sunset. FS1 probably has some college football to schedule around Saturday too.

Lots of factors... our wanting or not wanting a starting time, or not wanting to play a day game after a night game, are probably pretyt low on their list of priorities.

im going to roll the dice and say that the Jewish population in LA probably tilts toward Dodgers. they will get 4 pm est start. Wild card is coming from central, so that's not too bad.

for as cool as we think we are with our Pikesville thing, LA blows it out da water. 600,000 Jews vs ~100,000. Could come into play.

DC plays at 7 pm, right on time for San Fran's fans to fire up a J at 4:20.

the Angels play at 10 pm because why not; and there's a chance they could host A's. 2 west coast teams in prime time on a Friday night.

the only thing left to do is to hook work on Friday.

Edited by pccp82

Per the Sun:

The Orioles are not paying on FOX, only on TBS.. TBS is showing games at 6pm & 9:30pm

The times listed on their websites are just placeholders. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

No way bro. They aren't taking away my 4 hours of reruns of Family Guy and Seinfield. If they do, I'm going to write a really nasty email that they will print out and pass around.

The headache really is buying tickets for a game you have no idea what time starts. If it was on a Saturday or Sunday, so be it. But I'd like to know if I have to move around my work schedule, feel bad for people that wouldn't even be able to on short notice. Oh well... it is what it is.

The headache really is buying tickets for a game you have no idea what time starts. If it was on a Saturday or Sunday, so be it. But I'd like to know if I have to move around my work schedule, feel bad for people that wouldn't even be able to on short notice. Oh well... it is what it is.

I can't say that I agree that it is too much of a headache. If you have the opportunity to buy tickets at face value then you buy them knowing that if you can't attend you can sell them for profit. If you don't have the opportunity to buy tickets at face value then you wait to buy them until you know the game time. It seems pretty cut and dried.

We (my sister and I) are flying in from Austin and Houston, Texas for both games #1 and #2....It's costing us a small fortune, but we're thrilled.

I see all the posts about the start times and certain scheduling issues it may present, etc. and I can't but help wonder "ah, we're in the playoffs....these are great problems to have"....Play at 2 in the morning for all I care....we'll be there!!!!

(I'm hopefully not teasing or belittling anyone's scheduling issues....just saying it's a good problem)

• Upvote 1

I can't say that I agree that it is too much of a headache. If you have the opportunity to buy tickets at face value then you buy them knowing that if you can't attend you can sell them for profit. If you don't have the opportunity to buy tickets at face value then you wait to buy them until you know the game time. It seems pretty cut and dried.

:agree:

If it's that much of a problem, stay home and watch on the TV or at the local bar.

Seriously.

After 14 years of losing before 2012, nice to be back in the playoffs again.

I'm really really really hoping for a later game on Friday. I just started a new job and there is zero chance I can just hook or call out that day. I could probably manage a 3:30 departure, but not an outright call out.

I know it sounds like I'm a big baby for complaining about this. But I'm also not really complaining just hoping. The ALCS is all night games though right?