RZNJ

The Goats

Hunter throws an 0-2 meatball for the sac fly that made it 5-4.

There was a runner on 3rd base and one out when he entered the game.

If you consider a sac fly in that situation being a "goat", then you're looking for a reason a complain.

Also, it didn't make the score 5-4, it made it 5-1. The score was 4-1 when Hunter entered the game.

There was a runner on 3rd base and one out when he entered the game when he entered the game.

If you consider a sac fly in that situation being a "goat", then you're looking for a reason a complain.

Also, it didn't make the score 5-4, it made it 5-1. The score was 4-1 when Hunter entered the game.

Yeah, I mean he should of thrown a better pitch given the count but to have him as one of the goats is quibbling IMO.

Matusz.

Whoever called for Matusz to throw a fastball to Moustakas when he was down to two strikes and had looked absolutely lost against the slider.

Jones for not making a productive out 1st & 2nd 0 out in a tie game.

Britton for looking completely lost. If he gets through the 9th, O'Day never has to face Gordon.

There was a runner on 3rd base and one out when he entered the game.

Yes 5-1 sorry I'm tired. I wouldn't call him a goat but I didn't like that pitch one bit.

Roy, how good do you think this Kansas City team really is?

They are VERY good particularly with pitching front and back. They also are a patient team that doesn't strike out much.I think we can still beat them, but we need to win on Saturday.

Jones is on his way to writing himself into Orioles history as a playoff bust. He has plenty of time to redeem himself but so far he has been plain awful.

The throw from Hardy really wasn't bad. Pearce made it look bad. That's on Pearce.

Britton needs to learn to adjust. That was just pathetic. The ump wasn't calling that pitch in that down and away spot...don't keep throwing it expecting different results. His pitches didn't look terrible but the bunt attempts completely exploited the sinker and caused that joke of a home plate umpire to not call the close ones which sent Britton spiraling out of control.

Let's add to the list bottom of 8. Hundley , Schoop and Markakis DIDN'T WORK the count at all. Davis had a 7 pitch inning allowing him to go 2 innings.

Watching Britton tonight gave me flashbacks of Rich Ankiel in the 2000 NLDS.

I had a bad feeling with Britton tonight. Sinker baller in rain didnt seem to be a good match imo. The balls were down.

Jones is on his way to writing himself into Orioles history as a playoff bust. He has plenty of time to redeem himself but so far he has been plain awful.

The throw from Hardy really wasn't bad. Pearce made it look bad. That's on Pearce.

Britton needs to learn to adjust. That was just pathetic. The ump wasn't calling that pitch in that down and away spot...don't keep throwing it expecting different results. His pitches didn't look terrible but the bunt attempts completely exploited the sinker and caused that joke of a home plate umpire to not call the close ones which sent Britton spiraling out of control.

The frustrating thing was also that they were giving away the out 2 times and he couldn't get it over.

I know Hundley had the game saving (at the time) scoop, but his pitch framing was horrible tonight. I'm not usually one to make a big deal of that but just seemed he was receiving the ball poorly all night long. Am I the only one who thought this? I know Britton was horrible, but if Hundley tries to frame a couple of those low sinkers, I think Britton gets the call. Didn't even look like he was trying.

Neither Hardy or Pearce is a 'goat', but the throw to first that was in the dirt and then not fielded cleanly was the pivotal play of the game imo. Make that play and the Royals only score 1 run there instead of 3 more after we gave them that extra out.

Pearce could have caught that ball, but Butler was a good 10 feet from first when the ball arrived there and Hardy had time to make a better throw than he did.

Edited by FlaO'sFan

I know Hundley had the game saving (at the time) scoop, but his pitch framing was horrible tonight. I'm not usually one to make a big deal of that but just seemed he was receiving the ball poorly all night long. Am I the only one who thought this? I know Britton was horrible, but if Hundley tries to frame a couple of those low sinkers, I think Britton gets the call. Didn't even look like he was trying.

Honestly, I did not see a single pitch by Britton called a ball that should have been called a strike, framing or not. Jmho.

Neither Hardy or Pearce is a 'goat'' date=' but the throw to first that was in the dirt and then not fielded cleanly was the pivotal play of the game imo. Make that play and the Royals only score 1 run there instead of 3 more after we gave them that extra out.[/quote']

That was the pivotal play. Should have been made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a petting zoo, folks. We had goats, we had llamas. We had asses. The whole farm showed up. Seriously, we need to write this one off. Just an off night for everyone. I guess someone had to lose this game. We're 3-1 in the playoffs this year!

Meanwhile, I would put Pearce atop the list for not handling the Hardy throw. That should have been made. He just botched it.

Also, I'd put Tilly up there. Just a horrid night. And Britton. What happened to the strike zone, fellas?

Matusz had a rough one, but he's been out of the mix for about six months.

And I agree that Buck had a rough night managing. Not his best game. Shoulda left Gausman in longer. And I wish he would have gotten Young in sooner. It would have been very nice to have a power lefty off the bench.

Anyway... I think we win tomorrow in a very close game. And I think we win four straight and walk away with this thing.