Nelson Cruz - DH

Steve Pearce - 1B

James Jerry Hardy - SS

Ryan Flaherty - 3B

Caleb Joseph - C

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

David Stefan Norris - RHP (1-0, 0.00 ERA) O[2014 Postseason]

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

I bet 2 grand on the Royals today. I'll always be glad to win money, but I honestly wouldn't be too broken up if I lose today. I think the Royals take this one, though, bet with your head! (I never, ever bet).

The Orioles have scored 2 runs in 14.1 innings of Ventura, striking out 17 and walking 3 batters. I'm pretty sure he doesn't need a curveball, the Orioles can't hit 100 MPH. He is Ace Ventura.

I can't watch the TBS pregame show, Pedro and Sheffield are brutal to listen to.

MLB Network pregame was awesome. Listening to them talk about how great the Royals are, then listening to Moustakas talk about how they won this series, before correcting himself. No shortage of confidence from those kids, they are fearless.

Nelson Cruz has multiple hits in five straight postseason games dating back to the 2012 American League wild card game. It equals the playoff record, accomplished 10 times by 10 different players.

MLB Network pregame was awesome. Listening to them talk about how great the Royals are, then listening to Moustakas talk about how they won this series, before correcting himself. No shortage of confidence from those kids, they are fearless.

The mental devastation when they loose might send them into another 30 year funk.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Life has really been showing me lately that I am old. I used to post a bunch at one time. Now I usually just read what posters have to say. I am in the process of moving from Florida to Wisconsin complicated by having a heart problem a week ago. When I get settled up there I will renew my long overdue subscription. I will probably never post like I used to as I coach football and in Florida that is basically year round.  I do really miss the conversations with bunch of guys on here that I used to participate in. Just haven't felt like I had kept up well enough to contribute much. But this is the best site on the Web I'm and has been for decades.
    • Tony:  Let me add that I would be willing to contribute more to keep the site going.  I know it is not completely a financial decision but if it will help I am willing to contribute.  I also there could be a creative way to keep it going in some form or another.  
    • Just take 2020 off and come back fresh when the O’s are respectable again.
    • I've been a member of this site for 12 years now, and before that I lurked for quite awhile.  This was the go to site for me.  Through this site I learned so much over the years, and the shared experiences I had here are priceless, and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.  Tony (and the staff), thank you so so much for everything you've done throughout the years.  I hope that this site can continue and wouldn't mind at all a raising of the plus membership price if it means the site could continue.  If it doesn't, I will understand Tony.  You've brought me and countless other users knowledge, joy, and companionship.  For that we are very blessed.
    • Here's a series of brief notes on the DFAed players with significant team control remaining. In order of preference for the Orioles...(top 5 would be a clear back of the 40 man upgrade IMO, although Cotton and Greene are projects rather than immediate improvements) Luis Escobar 23yo, mid 90s, overpronated fastball with big horizontal, makings of two quality but low spin offspeed pitches Montana DuRapau 27yo super premium spin guy, 4 pitch 5'11" righty, needs to use curveball more, better. Jharel Cotton 27yo 5 pitch former top prospect, led by a elite changeup, been injured, reclaimation project, maybe in the pen Justin Shafer 27yo, solid pitch mix including above avg spin mid 90s FB, slider, hard cutter (90mph), rare change. Strikethrower, but lacks command Conner Greene 24yo righty, big stuff, mid-rotation or late inning, has never been able to throw enough strikes Nick Dini 26yo Bat first catcher, but not an everyday bat. fringe average catch and throw, questionable framing, better than Wynns maybe Drew Gagnon 29yo super low spin 4S FB, uses it up when he shouldn't, good changeup. Could be useful, limited upside Williams Jerez 27yo Mid-90s lefty, low spin FB, that he elevates and gets crushed, quality split, and a usable slider, poor command Taylor Guerrieri 26yo with premium curveball spin and solid command who lost the zone in 2019. Nestor Cortes Jr 24yo command and deception lefty, good k/bb, flyball pitcher hurt by juiced ball CD Pelham 24yo hard throwing lefty reliever, has t100, couldn't throw strikes in 2019 Arnaldo Hernandez 23yo righty, good changeup, hasn't been used in relief, doesn't work as a starter Dario Agrazal 24yo blah command based sinkerballer without a strikeout pitch Jorge Bonifacio 26yo plus run, fringe average glove COF, hit a little, but not enough Nick Martini 29yo LF with some bat control but without LF power
    • On first look it looks like a lot of outfielders were left unprotected. 
    • Here is a list of every teams Top 30 prospects and who were eligible to be protected.  https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/top-prospects-eligible-for-rule-5-draft.html?__twitter_impression=true
  • Popular Contributors