OFFNY

vs. ROYALS, 10/11 (A.L.C.S., Game Two)

Starting to think we hit KC at the wrong time.

Their BATS ARE SMOKING HOT. :slytf:

And I already HATE HOMER and his BS chest pounding.

Needs a little chin music, methinks.

Why hate he doing what key players do in the playoffs. Hosmer's bloop 2-run 1B makes it 2-0 & gives him 7 RBIs in 6 playoff games. Hope Jones is watching.

Remind me to send you some KC gear. :slytf:

Starting pitching Vs Royals has been bad.

A seeing eye single, getting squeezed by umps, and a broken bat 2 run bloop? Hard to beat a team with horseshoes and four leaf clovers shkved up their a $$ e $

Finally got a call on an actual strike.

I hope our hitters were watching that display of hitting the ball where it's pitched, which put the two runners on base for the bloop. We're going to need some opposite field hitting to win this game.

Unbelievable how lucky one team can get. Not to worry though, the Royals are well overdue for an anemic offensive stretch. Lets have that start right now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/Astros-trade-for-pitcher-Hector-Velazquez-Orioles-15442933.php You might be thinking this guy.  He was traded so fast he probably never hit the 60 man.
    • You don't think it would be shortsighted to rely on traditional counting stats to determine if a player is worthy of promotion? why even have an analytics department?
    • Zero teams ever have had a lineup composed entirely of “complete hitters”.
    • Can you humor me and define playing effectively at AAA with some sort of range? I don't think .262 batting at AA in 2019 and a year with no competitive ball screams I'm ready. The guy has been 20-30ISH points better in regards to AVG/OBP/SLG earlier in his progression. I'd like to see him hit .280+/.350+/and 850ish at AA. Maybe he's not capable but I think he is and would like to see the Orioles start promoting guys when they prove they are ready and not as acts of desperation. Would I promote him if there was a need and he was hitting .270/.335/.825? Sure .... Lower than that I wouldn't want to! Part of the Orioles problem is that they had a pattern of low OBP guys. So I want to see Elias to focus on complete hitters. I love homeruns as much as the next guy but hated watching our guys unable to produce runs any other way.
    • Again, you are making it clear that you do not consider anything that happened at Bowie in 2020 to matter.  From what I have read, the Orioles strongly disagree with you.  Maybe you are right and the Orioles will ignore what they saw in 2020 and place everyone at their 2019 levels, but I would tend to doubt that.  Mountcastle's promotion would seem to be solid evidence of the Orioles' view of the level of growth and learning that went on at Bowie.
    • I’m not insulting you at all.  You just aren’t answering any of the questions and it’s a waste of my time continue to ask you the same questions over and over again.  RZ has asked you and I have asked you and you still haven’t answered it.  You just aren’t comprehending what we are asking, so it’s not worth going any further. But sure, if you want to take that as Sports Guy is always right, be my guest...it goes along with the rest of your reading comprehension in this thread.(and pretty much all threads)
    • My handle is Sports Guy " I'm Right I'm Right .... Nobody can beat me & If I can't beat you I'll just throw an insult!"    Mix-Repeat-Mix-Repeat!
  • Popular Contributors