OFFNY

2014 WORLD SERIES (Giants vs. Royals)

I think there may be a karmic Orioles related double whammy coming for the Royals in Game7. First, Jeremy Guthrie..he had great moments for us but then at times would fall off the cliff. So to have our number one from our dark era pitching for them is one irony. The other is that the last eight teams to have a game 7 at home have all won. The last team that lost a game 7 at home? You got it, the 1979 Os. I predict the Os karmic double whammy gets the Royals in game 7 and keeps them off the platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peavy is really perhaps the worst pitcher of the postseason.

Hunter Strickland.

He never should have left him in for 9 the other day.

Buck wouldn't have, I'm pretty sure. Speaking of Bochy, I've been surprised to see how openly he shows his disappointment or anger over a botched play by one of his own players. The Giants must have learned either to ignore his outbursts or turn them into determination to do better. Again, something Buck wouldn't allow himself to indulge in.

I think there may be a karmic Orioles related double whammy coming for the Royals in Game7. First, Jeremy Guthrie..he had great moments for us but then at times would fall off the cliff. So to have our number one from our dark era pitching for them is one irony. The other is that the last eight teams to have a game 7 at home have all won. The last team that lost a game 7 at home? You got it, the 1979 Os. I predict the Os karmic double whammy gets the Royals in game 7 and keeps them off the platform.

I fear that the karmic double-whammy is going in the opposite direction; Guthrie must have felt it when he decided it was safe to wear that t-shirt.

It an ironic way' date=' it does make it kind of less painful if they do win they are doing it. I mean don't get me wrong, their bullpen has been phenomenal and their starters have been good, their defense excellent. So their playing well, but their getting an unheard of amount of breaks. To an experienced baseball watchers, they will know how lucky the Royals were and that the odds are they would not of even reached the WS with out a lot of breaks. This is not a lot of breaks, it's an absurd amount.[/quote']

Hosmer's double was the weakest two-bagger I've ever seen, but it fits right in with the KC Absurdities storyline.

That was a nice play by Crawford.

Didn't know until then how strong an arm he has!

o

I suspect that Jeremy Guthrie is thrilled about getting a W in a World Series game.

Strangely enough, this World Series could very well come down to the former Baltimore Oriole if it goes 7 games.

o

(GAME SEVEN)

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

Gregor Blanco - CF

Joe Panik - 2B

Buster Posey - C

Pablo Sandoval - 3B

Hunter Pence - RF

Brandon Belt - 1B

Michael Morse - DH

Brandon Crawford - SS

Juan Perez - LF

Timothy Adam Hudson -RHP (0-1, 3.72 ERA) O[2014 Postseason]

KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Alcides Escobar - SS

Nori Aoki - RF

Lorenzo Cain - CF

Eric Hosmer - 1B

Billy Butler - DH

Alex Gordon - LF

Salvador Perez - C

Mike Moustakas - 3B

Omar Infante - 2B

Jeremy Shane Guthrie - RHP (1-0, 2.70 ERA) O[2014 Postseason]

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Edited by OFFNY

o

(GAME SEVEN)

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

Timothy Adam Hudson -RHP (0-1, 3.72 ERA) O[2014 Postseason]

KANSAS CITY ROYALS

Jeremy Shane Guthrie - RHP (1-0, 2.70 ERA) O[2014 Postseason]

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

I thing even though the Royals are not a better team than the Orioles or Giants they have had a very favorable matchup when the Giants have started Peavy and Hudson neither who are very good. I think the Orioles offense would easily handle either one. So once again KC is the beneficiary of extremely good fortune!:(

I fear that the karmic double-whammy is going in the opposite direction; Guthrie must have felt it when he decided it was safe to wear that t-shirt.

Well, Jeremy thought it was safe. We shall see if the baseball gods decree " Not So Fast. "

This is what you choose to be your first post on this site?

Couldn't you hear the Thunder in his mighty indictment?

<p>The Giants will try to do tonight what no team has done since the 1979 Pirates -- win a Game 7 on the road.  They did it against the Orioles. In each of the last nine do-or-die World Series games, the home team has emerged victorious.   </p><p><br type="_moz"></p>

Gee, anyone else catch George Brett on the pre-game? While I always admired him as a player I never realized what a personable, funny and down to earth guy he is! He was just hilarious but very humble. Just too bad his team doesn't emulate him!

They gotta be so proud. They should all do fist and chest bumps and staredowns to celebrate.

I hate the "jump on my back" routine the most myself. And how a failed pinch runner is their smack talker.