Sign in to follow this  
Baroquen131

Short rants.

18 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

College, economics. Like I’m going to be using like 1 or 2 plug n chug theorems but I don’t need engineering calc. Got a B in it, so it’s whatever 

Oh I took Macro and Micro Economics in college.  Didn’t take upper level economics classes as I heard they used Calculus and figured that meant it would be a lot of work and already pretty loaded with tough required courses.

50 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

College, economics. Like I’m going to be using like 1 or 2 plug n chug theorems but I don’t need engineering calc. Got a B in it, so it’s whatever 

I took some math in college.  But the main reason why I went for 'higher education' was the booze and the babes.  All I proceeded to do was get drunk a lot.

As for fancy math?  I know how to bake.

2252a28f-3470-443c-adb2-b08deea71be0.jpg

2 hours ago, atomic said:

Oh I took Macro and Micro Economics in college.  Didn’t take upper level economics classes as I heard they used Calculus and figured that meant it would be a lot of work and already pretty loaded with tough required courses.

It’s not that hard. Literally the only thing holding me back was pre calc and calc. It’s 2 formulas to approximate population shifts And I think $ shifting from different areas. Plus the required courses now aren’t that hard, at least I don’t think so. 

2 hours ago, MongoBoy said:

I took some math in college.  But the main reason why I went for 'higher education' was the booze and the babes.  All I proceeded to do was get drunk a lot.

I can cook too. I went because the options were work in a restaurant or construction. Military wasn’t an option. That and I’m not dumb, might as well use my brain to my advantage

2 hours ago, MongoBoy said:

I drank plenty of booze and partook in many a babe in College.  Also took a lot of advanced math.  Don't think I can remember much of anything math related past simple Algebra these days.  

23 minutes ago, atomic said:

I drank plenty of booze and partook in many a babe in College.  Also took a lot of advanced math.  Don't think I can remember much of anything math related past simple Algebra these days.  

Speaking of babes in college, one chick I knew actually thought that by drinking light beer, she could drink twice as much than regular beer and not get as drunk.

Just now, MongoBoy said:

Speaking of babes in college, one chick I knew actually thought that by drinking light beer, she could drink twice as much than regular beer and not get as drunk.

I really miss those days.

On 12/12/2019 at 4:37 PM, MongoBoy said:

Light beer has less alcohol but it will still get you messed up if you drink enough of it.  The difference between Bud and Bud light is the amount of water they add to the concentrated beer. Probably more cost effective if you like light beer is just to add a little water to the regular beer.  Well except with Amstel as they only sell Amstel light in the US.  

On 12/5/2019 at 6:05 PM, MDtransplant757 said:

I hate Calculus. I'm never going to use this again, why do I need it? 

On 12/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, atomic said:

That is what I said about Linear Algebra and then I used it for work even before I graduated.  Is this high school or college? If college what is your major?

On 12/12/2019 at 12:38 PM, MDtransplant757 said:

On 12/12/2019 at 12:58 PM, atomic said:

In college, I majored in economics and psychology.    I also took three years of calculus, a year of physics, and a semester of chemistry.    Each of my majors required a course in statistics, plus I took a course in econometrics and a high theory course called mathematical economics.    

You know how much of all that math I use today?    Almost none.    But I do believe I learned to think in a very logical, objective manner that has served me well as a lawyer.    

As an aside, I remember writing a paper in econometrics where I ran a regression analysis correlating team BA, OBP and SLG to runs scored.    The professor gave me a B- and wrote that there were academics doing much more sophisticated statistical analyses on baseball.     This was in 1978 or ‘79, before sabermetrics was really a thing.   Bill James was starting to publish his annual abstract by then, but it (and other attempts at sabermetrics) didn’t really reach the general public until the early ‘80’s.

• Thanks 1

Someone wanted to go to cvs, which is easily accessible by taking a left with the green arrow and then a quick right and into their lot.  But nooooo, they...

GO THRU THE GREEN LIGHT AND THEN ATTEMPT TO TAKE A LEFT INTO THE OTHER CVS ENTRANCE BY TRYING TO CUT ACROSS 3 LANES OF TRAFFIC AND PROCEED TO HOLD UP THE 20 CARS THAT ARE BEHIND THEM WANTING TO GO STRAIGHT!

On 1/17/2020 at 3:37 PM, Frobby said:

In college, I majored in economics and psychology.    I also took three years of calculus, a year of physics, and a semester of chemistry.    Each of my majors required a course in statistics, plus I took a course in econometrics and a high theory course called mathematical economics.    

You know how much of all that math I use today?    Almost none.    But I do believe I learned to think in a very logical, objective manner that has served me well as a lawyer.    

As an aside, I remember writing a paper in econometrics where I ran a regression analysis correlating team BA, OBP and SLG to runs scored.    The professor gave me a B- and wrote that there were academics doing much more sophisticated statistical analyses on baseball.     This was in 1978 or ‘79, before sabermetrics was really a thing.   Bill James was starting to publish his annual abstract by then, but it (and other attempts at sabermetrics) didn’t really reach the general public until the early ‘80’s.

I took 2 semesters of astronomy as my science. I learned logic moreso through arguing points in my major and why different things effect the market, like regulation, inflation, etc. Baseball has always been a numbers game, it's why Earl Weaver pushed for depth and played matchups all the time

I was backing up and this guy come flying up going through a stop sign after I started backing up.  Well I finish backing into the lane blocking him and then pull forward facing him but he is in the middle of the traffic lane so there is no where to go for me.  So he starts yelling at me. 

I got very angry for several reasons.  He was a small guy. Maybe 5' 4" or 5' 5".   And not muscular.  Second he was probably close to my age. Probably he was late 40's. And third he had a piece of crap car.  So he would have never spoken to me outside of the safety of his car.  Plus he looked like a loser at life.   In every way he was inferior to me as he also yelled at a stranger when it is was all his fault.   

15 hours ago, atomic said:

I was backing up and this guy come flying up going through a stop sign after I started backing up.  Well I finish backing into the lane blocking him and then pull forward facing him but he is in the middle of the traffic lane so there is no where to go for me.  So he starts yelling at me. 

I got very angry for several reasons.  He was a small guy. Maybe 5' 4" or 5' 5".   And not muscular.  Second he was probably close to my age. Probably he was late 40's. And third he had a piece of crap car.  So he would have never spoken to me outside of the safety of his car.  Plus he looked like a loser at life.   In every way he was inferior to me as he also yelled at a stranger when it is was all his fault.   

Sounds to me like a Skankee fan.

I wish my adhd 9 year old daughter would stop talking jumping and singing Taylor swift and go the ?!?!!??? To sleep or at least go to her room. I might ready the Samuel l Jackson book go the f to sleep!