section18

Packer Coach Running Up The Score Against Bears

The Packer coach embarrassed himself in my opinion and their outstanding organization on national TV tonight. Leading 35-0 with time running out he had Rodgers throw his 6th TD pass to make it 42-0 just before halftime. Yes! Rodgers threw his 6th TD pass just before the half. The Bears are totally inept tonight and nothing is working for them and McCarthy the head coach and play caller for the Pack is attacking them like a lion attacking sheep. Disgusting! I wonder what he'll do in the second half?

I bet the over 53 so I hope he doesn't let up too much. Or else the Bears figure out how to score.

Honestly my feeling is, anything goes in the first half. With over 30 minutes left to play, if you have an opportunity to score you should take it.

They just said on TV McCarthy said before the start of the 2nd half they want to come out and punch them in the mouth. Really? He doesn't think the game is over? Anybody ever come from 42-0 down at half time and won? We know the Pack will score easily in the 2nd half. How many will they score ? 63+ He wants to punch them in the mouth. It seems he's been in too many 10 degree games in Green Bay. I was going to turn the game off but now I'm curious how he will attack them in the 2nd half.

Edited by section18

The Packer coach embarrassed himself in my opinion and their outstanding organization on national TV tonight. Leading 35-0 with time running out he had Rodgers throw his 6th TD pass to make it 42-0 just before halftime. Yes! Rodgers threw his 6th TD pass just before the half. The Bears are totally inept tonight and nothing is working for them and McCarthy the head coach and play caller for the Pack is attacking them like a lion attacking sheep. Disgusting! I wonder what he'll do in the second half?

Not sure how you can criticize a NFL coach for running up the score in the first half.

Its the FIRST HALF of a professional football game. If the Bears don't like it, here's an idea...STOP them! Rodgers was pulled after one series in the 2nd half. This was not running up the score. The Pack could have put 10 TDs on the board if they wanted to. The Bears gave up 50+ in back to back weeks. They are the ones with the issue here, not the Packers.

They're professionals. There's no running up the score when professionals are involved. If they can't stop them, nobody should care about hurt feelings.

Edited by waroriole

If it were the 4th quarter with less than 5 to go and the regulars were still out there and doing it, then you can find reason to complain. However, the Bears couldn't stop anybody. It was utterly embarrassing to watch and if that had been the Ravens I would have gone to bed early. At some point if they can't stop you, what are you supposed to do? Not even try? Even when you don't try they still can't stop you! The Bears defense is an embarrassment, it was last year and it still is. The Packers had every right to exploit that all night, especially against their biggest rival in front of their home fans.

Its the FIRST HALF of a professional football game. If the Bears don't like it, here's an idea...STOP them! Rodgers was pulled after one series in the 2nd half. This was not running up the score. The Pack could have put 10 TDs on the board if they wanted to. The Bears gave up 50+ in back to back weeks. They are the ones with the issue here, not the Packers.

Exactly.

These guys are professional athletes,

The only embarrassment was the Bears performance IMO.

Yes, the Bears effort was disgusting.

They just said on TV McCarthy said before the start of the 2nd half they want to come out and punch them in the mouth. Really? He doesn't think the game is over? Anybody ever come from 42-0 down at half time and won? We know the Pack will score easily in the 2nd half. How many will they score ? 63+ He wants to punch them in the mouth. It seems he's been in too many 10 degree games in Green Bay. I was going to turn the game off but now I'm curious how he will attack them in the 2nd half.

Buffalo once came back on Houston in the playoffs. They were down 32 and won by 3. So, yeah, sitting on a 35 point lead that early is not the way to go -- especially when Chicago was laying down defensively and handing them the ball back on offense.