Aglets

Week 13 - vs. Chargers, Who ya got?

Who wins?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ravens
    • Chargers

What a dumb, low IQ football team. Talk about a team team that deserved to lose. More penalties then you can count, dumb play calling, terrible clock management, and one of the worse defensive performances I can remember. I called this loss the second we had to kick the FG. There was no way that sad sack of a defense was going to stop the Chargers. only the Chargers stopped the Chargers today. Ravens are nothing but a middle of the road football team that can beat up the sad sally's of the league. Ozzie is getting hurt buy his inability to acquire a real CB this off season or at the trading deadline. Meanwhile he keeps adding DLman and LBers. Webb is always hurt and can't be counted on and loss of Jimmy Smith, who has an injury history now of his own was just too much to overcome. If you have a weakness, you can't be a dumb team and must play good solid technique, but the Ravens are just a low IQ football team.

Asante Samuel sits at home. He would be better then the CB they are running out there now.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new head coach next year. Maybe Harbaugh will go to Michigan and Kubiak can take over.

I like Harbaugh overall, but two years of missing the playoffs after winning a Super Bowl? Has that happened before? His team plays undisciplined football, this offseason was a disaster with off the field problems and he's never been a good game manager.

I'm not calling for his head, but if he left to take the Michigan job and Kubiak took over, I would not be too upset. sometimes a team needs a new voice and I've just seen too much bad football from this team this year.

Yes, we were spoiled by the team going to the playoffs six years straight, but that's what the best teams in the NFL do. They go year after year. Good coaches get a banged up team and find a way to win like Belicheck when he had a converted WR playing DB against the Ravens in the AFC championship game.

By the way, if it won't kill the team's salary cap, they have to part ways with Webb. he just can't stay on the field and when he has been on the field this year, he's been sub par.

I like Harbaugh overall, but two years of missing the playoffs after winning a Super Bowl? Has that happened before? His team plays undisciplined football, this offseason was a disaster with off the field problems and he's never been a good game manager.

I'm not calling for his head, but if he left to take the Michigan job and Kubiak took over, I would not be too upset. sometimes a team needs a new voice and I've just seen too much bad football from this team this year.

Yes, we were spoiled by the team going to the playoffs six years straight, but that's what the best teams in the NFL do. They go year after year. Good coaches get a banged up team and find a way to win like Belicheck when he had a converted WR playing DB against the Ravens in the AFC championship game.

By the way, if it won't kill the team's salary cap, they have to part ways with Webb. he just can't stay on the field and when he has been on the field this year, he's been sub par.

I wouldn't be upset to see Kubiak take over. I think like Billick, the Harbaugh shine has worn off. Talent has covered up his shortcomings in the past. That talent just isn't there now.

I wouldn't be upset to see Kubiak take over. I think like Billick, the Harbaugh shine has worn off. Talent has covered up his shortcomings in the past. That talent just isn't there now.

Good point. I think Harbaugh is a better coach overall than Billick was, but I agree, the great coaches find ways to wins when their talent may be down or injured. Ozzie doesn't get a pass though. He keeps drafting terrible safety's in the second round and did not go out and get a veteran CB this offseason or at the trading deadline. His poor drafting of secondary players (Let's face it, he really has a bad record of drafting good defensive backs if you take away Reed, McAllister and Smith in the first round) has put the Ravens in this situation. You can't expect to compete with the better teams when you running out guys you picked off the waiver wire or a converted safety who was very good.

Good point. I think Harbaugh is a better coach overall than Billick was, but I agree, the great coaches find ways to wins when their talent may be down or injured. Ozzie doesn't get a pass though. He keeps drafted terrible safety's in the second round and did not go out and get a veteran CB this offseason or at the trading deadline. His poor drafting of secondary players (Let's face it, he really has a bad record of drafting good defensive backs if you take away Reed, McAllister and Smith in the first round) has put the Ravens in this situation. You can't expect to compete with the better teams when you running out guys you picked off the waiver wire or a converted safety who was very good.

I agree, Harbaugh is a better coach then Billick was. I also agree on Ozzie. It may be time to turn the ranks over to Eric DeCosta and see what he can do.

Not sure I want any part of Kubiak. Still mystified why we passed on third and 5 with 2:22 left. Run the ball and get the clock down to 2 and see where you are at. San Diego didn't stop the run all day. Just a poor decision by Kubiak if he was making the call. Just my two cents:cool:

I am baffled by this pay call as well. The Ravens weren't able to stop Rivers all day on three downs. Simple logic tells you by kicking a field goal and forcing San Diego to go for a TD, Rivers will now have four downs to play with. There was little chance this Ravens defense was going to stop them. I would have run the ball on third and 5 and then run the ball again on fourth down if we didn't make it. Take more time off the clock and only be up by 3 if we can't get the first down or touchdown. Yes, San Diego could have just as easily gotten Novak in range to tie, but then you take your chances in OT. Harbaugh put too much faith in his defense which showed absolutely nothing all game long.

I am baffled by this pay call as well. The Ravens weren't able to stop Rivers all day on three downs. Simple logic tells you by kicking a field goal and forcing San Diego to go for a TD, Rivers will now have four downs to play with. There was little chance this Ravens defense was going to stop them. I would have run the ball on third and 5 and then run the ball again on fourth down if we didn't make it. Take more time off the clock and only be up by 3 if we can't get the first down or touchdown. Yes, San Diego could have just as easily gotten Novak in range to tie, but then you take your chances in OT. Harbaugh put too much faith in his defense which showed absolutely nothing all game long.

They threw the ball because they didn't trust the defense, I have no issue with it. It would have taken some more time off but only to the two minute warning.

We wasted more timeouts including the one on 4th down when they tried to do a fake. They should have just accepted the 5 yard penalty, still a 36 yarder for Tucker.

True, true and true.

Dumervil may be the dumbest human being allowed to function by himself without a helper. Who in the world lines up three times in the neutral zone? Once maybe, twice pretty sad, three times and you are an idiot who should be forced to give his game check to charity.

As for Flacco, we all know what we have in Flacco. You can't make him think. He can drop back in a three or five step drop and fire to his primary receiver. He does that as well as anyone. make him do anything else and he he struggles. He's never been a smart player, and he never will be a smart player, but in the end, he'll make enough plays to make the offense go. he wasn't the reason we loss, but his decision to run around like a chikcen was his head cut off in that last drive despite having no time is just typical Flacco.

By the way, what idiot goes to Jacoby Jones over the middle and then Aiken deep in crunch time? Are you kidding me?

As bad as the defense was, I have a hard time faulting Pees. He has one of the worse secondaries in all of football and can only mask it so much. Danny Goorer showed why he was sitting on the waiver wire while Levine showed why he was a bad backup safety. Once the DL stopped getting pressure on Rivers that was it, it was over.

Not a lot of options left at the end. Who cares who he throws to, I am sure he thought Jones would turn upfield and they would take their timeout.

Harbaugh use of timeouts cost the Ravens at the end. It would have given then more options in the middle of the field.

Bottom line, the inability to get a good pass rush on Rivers, and the wretched secondary play cost the Ravens the game. Yes, they could have and should have gotten another TD earlier in the game, but bottom line, they couldn't stop anybody today, and at the end of the day that comes back to Ozzie. Jimmy Smith injury or not, Lardarius Webb being banged up throughout the season, this secondary is without any doubt one of if not the worst in the history of this franchise. Not even 2002 was this bad, and that was a rebuilding year with a bunch of rookies and inexperienced players, or 2007, and that was because a lot of guys got hurt that year. Whether it be draft picks not contributing, free agents getting hurt or performing poorly, or waiver wire pick ups showing why they're waiver wire pick ups, this secondary has been a complete abject failure. Even if they make the playoffs, this team isn't getting past teams with top line QB's like Denver or New England, and at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if we're the victim of Andy Dalton's first playoff win.

True, true and true.

Dumervil may be the dumbest human being allowed to function by himself without a helper. Who in the world lines up three times in the neutral zone? Once maybe, twice pretty sad, three times and you are an idiot who should be forced to give his game check to charity.

As for Flacco, we all know what we have in Flacco. You can't make him think. He can drop back in a three or five step drop and fire to his primary receiver. He does that as well as anyone. make him do anything else and he he struggles. He's never been a smart player, and he never will be a smart player, but in the end, he'll make enough plays to make the offense go. he wasn't the reason we loss, but his decision to run around like a chikcen was his head cut off in that last drive despite having no time is just typical Flacco.

By the way, what idiot goes to Jacoby Jones over the middle and then Aiken deep in crunch time? Are you kidding me?

As bad as the defense was, I have a hard time faulting Pees. He has one of the worse secondaries in all of football and can only mask it so much. Danny Goorer showed why he was sitting on the waiver wire while Levine showed why he was a bad backup safety. Once the DL stopped getting pressure on Rivers that was it, it was over.

They were on the field and open in "crunch time."

I think that it's real unfair to call Flacco an idiot for hitting open receivers with less than 30 seconds left.

The "idiot" actually played a pretty nice game in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I criticize Flacco enough on here that I need to give him props when he has a nice game. And he did yesterday, it's not really fair to pin the loss on him, although obviously there are things he could've done better......like there is every week.

They were saying on the Fan today that Joe had the second highest QBR in a loss in NFL history in that game. He played pretty well, and didn't get much help from his receivers.

This loss was on the defense (we forced a measly one punt all game), especially the secondary and nonexistent pass rush. How long has Dumervil been in the league? How hard is it to line up behind the ball? Ridiculous, you can't make some of this stuff up.

Poor defense and way too many penalties led to this loss.

Another thing from yesterday's game, did anyone else notice the number of empty seats? They were mostly in the upper deck, and on TV you probably wouldn't have noticed, but there were many noticeable empty seats in the upper deck on the visitor's sideline. This is the second game I've gone to this year, and the second time I've noticed it. If you added it up it's probably in the hundreds, not enough to really mean much, but I don't recall ever really seeing that in person, and the weather was good yesterday so the cold wasn't an excuse. Is it just the costs of the game? The Ray Rice ordeal? The slide back from winning a Super Bowl?

They were on the field and open in "crunch time."

I think that it's real unfair to call Flacco an idiot for hitting open receivers with less than 30 seconds left.

The "idiot" actually played a pretty nice game in my opinion.

That "idiot" was 19 of 31 for 225 yds, 2TD and 1 RU TD with a QBR of 104.9. A very good game for Flacco. The offense put up 33pts and yet you have posters wanting to put some of the blame on Flacco. Ridiculous.

That "idiot" was 19 of 31 for 225 yds, 2TD and 1 RU TD with a QBR of 104.9. A very good game for Flacco. The offense put up 33pts and yet you have posters wanting to put some of the blame on Flacco. Ridiculous.

Right.

Flacco's job looks pretty easy when your main concern is keeping the Cheetos dust out of the remote.

• Downvote 1

Right.

Flacco's job looks pretty easy when your main concern is keeping the Cheetos dust out of the remote.

I defend Flacco enough so I was going to abstain, but glad to see others feel the way I do. I thougth Joe played very well, and also considering his receivers dropped two sure touchdown passes, I don't even think the "we need to score TDs and not FGs" falls on him either.

Look around the league at some of the lousy QBs and people should be elated that we have Joe, instead of criticizing him for every little mistake.