Sign in to follow this  
OriolesManiac88

Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

1)Maybe those who want him gone are the same ones who think his mind has been with Toronto instead of Baltimore

2)Who exactly is negotiating the deal for a player? It can't be Duquette

3)Why can't Toronto just talk to Duquette's lawyer, and not Duquette himself?

3) It's still tampering.

The O's can't go and talk to Boras about if Darvish might want to sign with Baltimore when he hits FA.

An interim GM who knows he likely may not be retained and who may not have Dan's knowledge of the entire system would be more effective?

He may be retained if he does a good job and shows the Orioles he is the man for the job. Theres a lot of motivation in working as hard as he can in the 2015 season.

An interim GM who knows he likely may not be retained and who may not have Dan's knowledge of the entire system would be more effective?

It's not worth debating. Dan is our GM through 2018 and will act with all interests of the organization, unless the ownership sees more value in whatever compensation they may receive. That's a fact. Jack.

He may be retained if he does a good job and shows the Orioles he is the man for the job. Theres a lot of motivation in working as hard as he can in the 2015 season.

How long did it take to find a GM last time? And that time the search didn't start in January.

3) It's still tampering.

The O's can't go and talk to Boras about if Darvish might want to sign with Baltimore when he hits FA.

Folks do not want to hear this, because it destroys the narative. If Dan has not been approached, how would he know if he were interested? And since he has not been approached. He isn't.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsOrioles10">@ChiefsOrioles10</a> News is news.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ken answered a Oriole fan on twitter.

I'm not really well versed with the Twitter thing, but I'm pretty sure Ken deleted my tweet from his conversation. How rude!

Ken can't do that.

Ken can't do that.

Hmmm....it showed up in the conversation, and then it went away. Whatever, like I said, I'm not much of a twit, twat......what do you call one who tweets?

Hmmm....it showed up in the conversation, and then it went away. Whatever, like I said, I'm not much of a twit, twat......what do you call one who tweets?

What did you tweet at him?

1) I see no reason to believe that any decision will be made on Dan in the near future. Good lawyers are masters at delays. And Peter Angelos is a very good lawyer. They would rather delay then have to make a decision. Just look how long the MASN thing with the Nats has been going on.

2) Andy will not be coming back as GM as long as Buck is here. Andy's methodical way of doing business does not match up with Buck way of doing business. Andy would never have made all the moves with players that Buck wanted to do. Way, way to fast for Andy.

3) If you want to know who Rosenthal's source is, here is a guess.

- Anyone that has lost power since Dan restructured the front office. I can think of a name or two.

- Anyone who might lose power if Dan became President of the O's. I can think of a few.

None of this matters if Peter doesn't want it to matter.

One question? Do the O's lose a significant amount of money if the All-Star game does not come to Baltimore? I would not think so but I am not sure.

Edited by wildcard