Sign in to follow this  
OriolesManiac88

Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

Slow news day, Ken? Looking for something to report? There's nothing new in this article, just 5'3" Ken standing on a soapbox, bleating, hoping someone will notice him. I wonder if Ken has picked out a cheery bowtie for when it is announced Dan gets traded to Toronto.
Such a lightweight article riddled with innuendo and no research or reporting.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. :D

Hey, Ken.... The Orioles have done their part to end it with a clearly stated "NO" from PA; not once, but twice. Why not call out the Blue Jays? Maybe the time has come for them to stop whining, accept NO for an answer, stop the tampering, and move on to other candidates (for a job that is still occupied, mind you).

Slow news day, Ken? Looking for something to report? There's nothing new in this article, just 5'3" Ken standing on a soapbox, bleating, hoping someone will notice him. I wonder if Ken has picked out a cheery bowtie for when it is announced Dan gets traded to Toronto.

While I largely agree with you, the details that Manfred and Selig each spoke with Alan Rifkin about this is new, isn't it? I'd heard that "MLB" had contacted "the Orioles" but I hadn't heard who. The fact that the message from MLB came from the very top is interesting. The fact that the conduit for the message was the Orioles' outside counsel, and that the conversation took place at the owners' meetings, also was interesting. Why is the Orioles' outside counsel at the owners' meetings in the first place? Do all the owners bring a lawyer? Does Angelos always do it? Did he do it this time because of the MASN dispute, or for some other reason? Rifkin, by the way, is one of the counsel "of record" in the MASN court case, has given factual affidavits in the case, and has been heavily involved in all aspects of the MASN dispute. Yet, he is having direct conversations with the principals from MLB, rather than with MLB's lawyers. That's quite unusual. Makes me wonder if there are talks ongoing about resolving the MASN case.

While I largely agree with you, the details that Manfred and Selig each spoke with Alan Rifkin about this is new, isn't it? I'd heard that "MLB" had contacted "the Orioles" but I hadn't heard who. The fact that the message from MLB came from the very top is interesting. The fact that the conduit for the message was the Orioles' outside counsel, and that the conversation took place at the owners' meetings, also was interesting. Why is the Orioles' outside counsel at the owners' meetings in the first place? Do all the owners bring a lawyer? Does Angelos always do it? Did he do it this time because of the MASN dispute, or for some other reason? Rifkin, by the way, is one of the counsel "of record" in the MASN court case, has given factual affidavits in the case, and has been heavily involved in all aspects of the MASN dispute. Yet, he is having direct conversations with the principals from MLB, rather than with MLB's lawyers. That's quite unusual. Makes me wonder if there are talks ongoing about resolving the MASN case.

Excellent post. And Angelos has not been seen in public for some time. Was he at the owner's meeting? Was John? Was Lou the family representative?

Not sure why people are bashing Ken for writing this article. Everything he stated is true.

You could call is "stiring the pot" but thats his job and he is right, this matter needs to be closed and the longer it drags on is not going to be good for the Orioles.

Not sure why people are bashing Ken for writing this article. Everything he stated is true.

You could call is "stiring the pot" but thats his job and he is right, this matter needs to be closed and the longer it drags on is not going to be good for the Orioles.

Bottom line, this will be over if and when Peter Angelos decides it is to his advantage for it to be over, or when the Blue Jays get tired of waiting. Serious question: how long will the Blue Jays wait before moving on to another candidate? And if they do, isn't this over?

Bottom line, this will be over if and when Peter Angelos decides it is to his advantage for it to be over, or when the Blue Jays get tired of waiting. Serious question: how long will the Blue Jays wait before moving on to another candidate? And if they do, isn't this over?

I don't think they will move on at all until Duquette states his intentions, I mean why should they. Thats who they want. Why settle for anything less? They can wait this out the entire season if needed.

I don't think they will move on at all until Duquette states his intentions, I mean why should they. Thats who they want. Why settle for anything less? They can wait this out the entire season if needed.

I would think that Duquette's intentions are known by now. I'm sure he and Angelos have had conversations.

I would think that Duquette's intentions are known by now. I'm sure he and Angelos have had conversations.

Yeah, he obviously wants the job, or else there wouldn't be a problem.

DD: I would like to sit down and discuss the CEO position for the Toronto Blue Jays.

PA: Come back in 3 years.

Because the guy the are trying to poach is under contract for four years?

Hey, Ken.... The Orioles have done their part to end it with a clearly stated "NO" from PA; not once, but twice. Why not call out the Blue Jays? Maybe the time has come for them to stop whining, accept NO for an answer, stop the tampering, and move on to other candidates (for a job that is still occupied, mind you).

Just pretending there is no toxic atmosphere in the front office doesn't make it go away. Even Roch has confirmed that the front office is split over this and its an uncomfortable situation.

Just pretending there is no toxic atmosphere in the front office doesn't make it go away. Even Roch has confirmed that the front office is split over this and its an uncomfortable situation.

How is it split 80/20?