Sign in to follow this  
OriolesManiac88

Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

As has been stated a few times, what kind of statement will really matter? Do you mean like the one Gary Kubiak gave Baltimore a couple weeks ago?

The only statement I want, and one which I never expect to get, is that MLB has charged Toronto with tampering.

DD is best to keep his mouth shut right now about it, and just let Buck talk about it.

"I talked to Dan today. I saw him. I trust and I know our club is running the way it should be in the offseason. I'm very proud to work with Dan."

----------

But Showalter shrugged off the uncertainty.

"We're fine," he said. "The way we've set it up, it kind of runs itself. We've got a lot of good people in place, including Dan, and I'm looking forward to the season."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-pathfinders-0122-20150121-story.html

• Upvote 1

A tipping point in the Dan Duquette saga may be approaching, and while some deft manoeuvring is still required, leverage may be shifting to the Toronto Blue Jays in their pursuit of the Baltimore Orioles executive.

To be sure, Major League Baseball is running out of patience with the ongoing mess and the damaging perception that’s been left to linger. One industry source tells Sportsnet baseball officials are nudging the Orioles to either strike a deal for Duquette or shut down the matter entirely.

Time is ticking down on this.

source - sportsnet.ca

We have tried to "shut down the matter entirely," it's Toronto that keeps pursuing it, along with MLB.

As has been stated a few times, what kind of statement will really matter? Do you mean like the one Gary Kubiak gave Baltimore a couple weeks ago?

The only statement I want, and one which I never expect to get, is that MLB has charged Toronto with tampering.

The difference is that the Ravens couldn't stop Kubiak from leaving. Angelos has publicly said he want Duquette to stay and he, technically, can stop him. If the O's say they want Duquette to stay and aren't letting him go (which they have said) and Duquette says it's "over and done with" then I think that puts things to rest.

At this point, though, it's possible that the O's don't really want him back.

Boy, does this sound "toxic"...or not

Orioles manager Buck Showalter said the franchise is not in any limbo because of the Toronto Blue Jays' ongoing interest in hiring away executive vice president Dan Duquette.

"Not at all," Showalter said Wednesday before speaking at an autism charity event organized by former Orioles outfielder B.J. Surhoff. "I talked to Dan today. I saw him. I trust and I know our club is running the way it should be in the offseason. I'm very proud to work with Dan."

source - Baltimore Sun

Boy, does this sound "toxic"...or not source - Baltimore Sun

I am not going to day that Ken Rosenthal made anything up. Or that Roch misinterpreted the tone of a statement. But I think we are way out over our skis to say that things are toxic and dysfunctional. It's morning in America. And in Baltimore.

I am not going to day that Ken Rosenthal made anything up. Or that Roch misinterpreted the tone of a statement. But I think we are way out over our skis to say that things are toxic and dysfunctional. It's morning in America. And in Baltimore.
Tony points to some dysfunction in the organization. I doubt any organization is exempt from it, so it would surprise me if that wasn't the case to an extent in Baltimore. It's also possible that someone in the organization interpreted it as "toxic." The real question is the level of the guy that said it. As I said at the time, I doubt Roch spoke with John Angelos and Buck puts out fires, not starts them. Be that as it may, the perception is out there, and the media prostitutes on the national level (not Roch) are happy to promote the soap opera for all the attention they get from it.

source - sportsnet.ca

We have tried to "shut down the matter entirely," it's Toronto that keeps pursuing it, along with MLB.

Well, assuming Roch's reports (and others) to be true that we are negotiating and/or are open to compensation offers along with DD's pretty weak statements, I'd say we have not really tried to "shut down the matter entirely".

Go for it, Peter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Should add that it's not out of the realm of possibility that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> look into tampering charges against Jays. Certainly been discussed</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tony points to some dysfunction in the organization. I doubt any organization is exempt from it, so it would surprise me if that wasn't the case to an extent in Baltimore. It's also possible that someone in the organization interpreted it as "toxic." The real question is the level of the guy that said it. As I said at the time, I doubt Roch spoke with John Angelos and Buck puts out fires, not starts them. Be that as it may, the perception is out there, and the media prostitutes on the national level (not Roch) are happy to promote the soap opera for all the attention they get from it.

Supposedly more than one person used the Toxic word. And I am sure there is some unrest. Tony is very specific about some of that sourcing. And Tony speaks frequently with some of the folks themselves that would be miffed by this. And it is not all just about Dan being interested in a 5x promotion.

Ahhhhhhh.......

Whenever Buck speaks, all is right with the world. I feel much better now.

Buck is so good for this city.

Go for it, Peter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Should add that it's not out of the realm of possibility that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> look into tampering charges against Jays. Certainly been discussed</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Use the threat of this to secure better compensation (if Buck/Pete have determined internally that they need to move on).

Go for it, Peter

I think the chances of the commissioner's office siding with the Orioles is close to zero.

Not sure if there is anything to be gained by even trying.