Sign in to follow this  
OriolesManiac88

Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

source - sportsnet.ca

We have tried to "shut down the matter entirely," it's Toronto that keeps pursuing it, along with MLB.

Well, assuming Roch's reports (and others) to be true that we are negotiating and/or are open to compensation offers along with DD's pretty weak statements, I'd say we have not really tried to "shut down the matter entirely".

Go for it, Peter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Should add that it's not out of the realm of possibility that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> look into tampering charges against Jays. Certainly been discussed</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tony points to some dysfunction in the organization. I doubt any organization is exempt from it, so it would surprise me if that wasn't the case to an extent in Baltimore. It's also possible that someone in the organization interpreted it as "toxic." The real question is the level of the guy that said it. As I said at the time, I doubt Roch spoke with John Angelos and Buck puts out fires, not starts them. Be that as it may, the perception is out there, and the media prostitutes on the national level (not Roch) are happy to promote the soap opera for all the attention they get from it.

Supposedly more than one person used the Toxic word. And I am sure there is some unrest. Tony is very specific about some of that sourcing. And Tony speaks frequently with some of the folks themselves that would be miffed by this. And it is not all just about Dan being interested in a 5x promotion.

Ahhhhhhh.......

Whenever Buck speaks, all is right with the world. I feel much better now.

Buck is so good for this city.

Go for it, Peter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Should add that it's not out of the realm of possibility that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> look into tampering charges against Jays. Certainly been discussed</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Use the threat of this to secure better compensation (if Buck/Pete have determined internally that they need to move on).

Go for it, Peter

I think the chances of the commissioner's office siding with the Orioles is close to zero.

Not sure if there is anything to be gained by even trying.

Guest rochester
Ahhhhhhh.......

Whenever Buck speaks, all is right with the world. I feel much better now.

I am in complete agreement... when I listen to Buck I feel like, "meh, let DD go, Buck says everything will be fine".

The below quote is priceless. How he can say things like this with a straight face... "some stuff we want to do in Sarasota", y'know - bars, great "Early Bird" specials (for Peter) and other stuff...

"I saw Peter," he said. "We talked about some locker room renovations and some stuff we want to do in Sarasota."

I believe that Major League Baseball should:

1) Require the Blue Jays to make their intentions clear

2) Ban Ed Rogers from acting as a representative of the Blue Jays in personnel matters for a period of several years

3) Fine the Blue Jays for fomenting a "toxic" environment in the Orioles front office

4) Force the Blue Jays to compensate the Orioles in some way for the damage they have done

5) Start a 48-hour clock during which the Orioles and Blue Jays can agree to compensation for the Blue Jays hiring Duquette. If no agreement can be reached, the Blue Jays would be banned from entering into employment discussions with Dan Duquette until his contract with the Orioles ends.

Major League Baseball can do all of this, and they should.

No one that matters is confused as to what is going on. And the people that matter have the facts and can make appropriate determinations. I get that there is a fear that MLB is looking to stick it to Baltimore, but I firmly believe much of that is the product of simply not having info and assuming intent/actions. MLB isn't going to, and shouldn't, demand any public statements or demand any particular outcome. They certainly shouldn't start instituting fines because the fan base of a team, based on slivers of information, feels like their team is being wronged. They are going to try and sort out the issue while keeping two owners reasonably happy so everyone can get back to making money.

I think the chances of the commissioner's office siding with the Orioles is close to zero.

Not sure if there is anything to be gained by even trying.

I would say anyone who believes there is a team in baseball who hasn't "tampered" is crazy -- and I certainly don't believe there is anything to gain by Baltimore going down that route.

I would say anyone who believes there is a team in baseball who hasn't "tampered" is crazy -- and I certainly don't believe there is anything to gain by Baltimore going down that route.

Apparently the Tampa Bay Rays disagree with you.

http://chicagocubsonline.com/archives/2015/01/mlb-still-investigating-tampering-charges-rays-filed-against-the-cubs.php#.VMEplJU5CM8

I would be shocked if they received anything of consequence.

They still felt it was worth their while to file the tampering charges.