Sign in to follow this  
OriolesManiac88

Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Whoa. I'd take that for GM who wants to go. <a href="https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN">@Buster_ESPN</a>: If TOR/Duquette deal finished, compensation substantial. Jeff Hoffman discussed.</p>— Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) <a href="

">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Whoa. I'd take that for GM who wants to go. <a href="https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN">@Buster_ESPN</a>: If TOR/Duquette deal finished, compensation substantial. Jeff Hoffman discussed.</p>— Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) <a href="

That would be awesome.

Well now. That would be something.

The decisions over the next twelve months will make or brake this team for a long time. I do not want committee that includes Brady making those decisions.

I'm not sure why not.

Maybe Duquette will "make" a nice trade this offseason after all.

• Upvote 1

For those that still think Duquette is staying.

Its now time to wake up.

He Gon!

There is so much contradictory information floating around, most from unnamed sources, that I don't know what to believe.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Whoa. I'd take that for GM who wants to go. <a href="https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN">@Buster_ESPN</a>: If TOR/Duquette deal finished, compensation substantial. Jeff Hoffman discussed.</p>? Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) <a href="

Well....I think Dan is replaceable :thumbsup1:

For those that still think Duquette is staying.

Its now time to wake up.

He Gon!

I think I'll wait for another strong statement discounting that anything is going on from Mr Angelos.

That's an awesome return, but something tells me it won't be Hoffman as you don't see too many recent draftees traded like this. This would be the same as Trea Turner's situation, right?

It wouldn't be a big deal because Hoffman is recovering from Tommy John surgery. The Blue Jays wouldn't be developing him.

• Upvote 1

That's an awesome return, but something tells me it won't be Hoffman as you don't see too many recent draftees traded like this. This would be the same as Trea Turner's situation, right?

Yes, but Hoffman had TJ surgery less than a year ago, so he wouldn't be doing much before July anyway.

• Upvote 1

I think Buck stays on the field' date=' with Brady doing the day to day stuff and consulting Buck on the big aquisitions with Buck taking a larger role in the offseason next year.[/quote']

I too would hate to lose Buck in his game manager role, but I also think he has earned a promotion if he wants one just as Duquette has. Regardless, I could see promoting Brady to "acting" GM for this year, then see who is interested in the job while seeing how Brady performs.