Sign in to follow this  
OriolesManiac88

Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

Wow, I would have no interest in bringing back MacPhail.

Make Brady GM, promote Rice and Graham to bigger roles, and higher someone with experience as an AGM.

I like this idea a lot. Maybe AM could come back in a "consulting" role?

Make Brady GM, promote Rice and Graham to bigger roles, and higher someone with experience as an AGM.

I think someone before said promote Buck and hire Gardenhire. I'd be okay with that.

If' date=' IF, if Dan is really gone to Toronto, then that's what that Buck/Angelos meeting was about. I fully expect to hear Buck named G.M. with Brady being named something like head of player personnel.[/quote']

I honestly don't think your far off here.

I think someone before said promote Buck and hire Gardenhire. I'd be okay with that.

I like Buck so much in his on-field role, and I think he fits so well in that role, that I really wouldn't want to mess with that if possible. I also think two old-school manager types like Buck and Gardenhire could be a mistake. I'd rather have a younger, maybe more analytically inclined voice in the GM role.

The decisions over the next twelve months will make or brake this team for a long time. I do not want committee that includes Brady making those decisions.

Like you, I am not making any assumptions about what has gone on here. However, I do think Toronto's apparent use of the media to interfere with the normal process, if shown to be intentional, is pretty outrageous.

I think it's in bad taste. I don't think it ultimately has any impact on Baltimore. If proven Toronto will get penalized to the extent necessary to make other owners comfortable that dirty laundry won' be needlessly aired.

I do wonder what folks would think if roles were reversed and we add the wrinkle that Baltimore tried to do things the right way and resorted to the media stunt after the other club continued to drag and drag and drag their feet...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Whoa. I'd take that for GM who wants to go. <a href="https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN">@Buster_ESPN</a>: If TOR/Duquette deal finished, compensation substantial. Jeff Hoffman discussed.</p>— Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) <a href="

">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Whoa. I'd take that for GM who wants to go. <a href="https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN">@Buster_ESPN</a>: If TOR/Duquette deal finished, compensation substantial. Jeff Hoffman discussed.</p>— Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) <a href="

That would be awesome.

Well now. That would be something.

The decisions over the next twelve months will make or brake this team for a long time. I do not want committee that includes Brady making those decisions.

I'm not sure why not.

Maybe Duquette will "make" a nice trade this offseason after all.

• Upvote 1