Sign in to follow this  
OriolesManiac88

Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Edward Rogers in release: "There were many rumours flying about, but it would have been inappropriate to comment on such matters publicly...</p>— Shi Davidi (@ShiDavidi) <a href="

">January 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Edward Rogers in release: "There were many rumours flying about, but it would have been inappropriate to comment on such matters publicly...</p>— Shi Davidi (@ShiDavidi) <a href="

Inappropriate as in it would have incriminated them in a tampering investigation. :P

Inappropriate as in it would have incriminated them in a tampering investigation. :P
All this talk about how Dan should have made a statement, Toronto could have done this and put it to rest. They didn't because they were open to a change, which is why Beeston was without a contract since October.

“We have been in discussions with Paul about his future with the team since his contract expired in October”

"Yup, we talked to him back in early October and just today. Multiple discussions."

Here's the take on "rumours flying about" from the Toronto Sun:

"Rumours?

Is it a rumour when Jerry Reinsdorf, owner of the White Sox, says on Dec. 8 and again last week, he received a call from Ed Rogers asking to interview Williams? That?s not gossip you hear in the lobby at the winter meetings.

When Reinsdorf tells Williams and Williams reacts as if the call from Toronto is old news ? since he had been contacted by a ?Rogers emissary? according to Reinsdorf ? it?s not a rumour.

If they were rumours why not squash them like a start-up wireless company?

The other words about Beeston being a proud Canadian were accurate.

Yet, we were looking for something like: ?I can?t tell the difference between Jeff Hoffman or Abbie Hoffman, but you can?t have either,? ending talks with the Orioles.

Will there be a story out of Baltimore on Tuesday on Duquette?s future with the Jays?

No.

Likely just the fact that owner Peter Angelos will file tampering charges."

Connecting The O's off season with the TOR BS is moronic. There are solid reasons for the O's off season that have nothing to do with TOR. IMO the only thing Dan might have done wrong in this situation, is when approached by TOR, most likely indirectly, He said he would be interested in the job, rather than saying they would have to talk to PA before talking to him. Understandable, but most likely the source of all that ensued. I have no issue with PA asking the moon and stars, and I hope he pursues tampering, because this sort of thing can't just be allowed to stand.

I found this quote from Buck interesting in Roch's entry today.

"I hope he stays if there is an option there for him. But I try not to delve into those things."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/showalter-on-duquette-and-wieters-on-his-throwing-progression.html

It's probably just Buck speak, but it sounds like there may have been a few bridges burned by DD over this whole situation.

Had a Twitter exchange with Ken this morning.

@ChaosLex

@Ken_Rosenthal As an @Orioles fan, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much if the Jays tried to poach Duquette at the start of the offseason.

@ChaosLex

@Ken_Rosenthal Really lousy for the Jays to poach Duquette the day before the Winter Meetings AND this late in the offseason. #Orioles

@Ken_Rosenthal

@ChaosLex Hard to argue that. Still should have been handled better by both sides.

• Upvote 1

Had a Twitter exchange with Ken this morning.

He has his agenda and will not back down, he will try to slink away after poisoning the whole mlbnetwork with his take on this though.

I found this quote from Buck interesting in Roch's entry today.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/showalter-on-duquette-and-wieters-on-his-throwing-progression.html

It's probably just Buck speak, but it sounds like there may have been a few bridges burned by DD over this whole situation.

Option there ( In canadia) He is saying even if there is an option for him to leave, I hope he stays. I listened to the inflection and the presentation of those words and feel I am right.