Sign in to follow this  
SteveA

TV Alert

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Has anyone seen the rest of BA’s top 30 for us?     I’m trying to put together a spreadsheet of all the various top 30 lists for the O’s.    I don’t have BP’s list either.  
    • Let CD stay on the bench till that albatross is cut. 
    • I'm glad to see him working to improve.  That said, I think he's still a 1B/DH at the end of the day.  That's not a bad thing, it's just that the team needs to make a decision on whether his bat will justify moving Mancini or Nunez.  I don't see room for all three of them.
    • He does look more fluid in LF than Trumbo for sure, but doesn't have Trumbo's arm. 
    • Today it’s freezing by FL standards and in the way to the fields coach Tim DeJohn and I compared layers.  He told me where and when they’d be doing high rate double play drills today, field 2 if you’re around.  The players did a great short burst explosion contest this morning and I’ll go through my footage.  Highlights include JC Encarnacion beating Mason Janvrin who gets to top speed in 2-3 strides.   Right now they’ve moved to sliding drills.  I don’t want Ripken or Zach Jarrett coming for my legs!  I’ll have more soon. 10:30am Update-Just got a nice little tidbit talking to a starter.  He told me that the guys who are here early as far as pitchers are all starters whose throwing programs include 30 mound pitches and a live BP every 3 days.  I had thought something like that but he confirmed it, he went yesterday so after calisthenics and stretches he was basically done for the day.  Kind of like most baseball fans he wanted to go to the O’s game and ‘watch Chris Davis.  I reminded him of his .800 spring average and he cracked up.  
    • Yeah, possibly.  Mountcastle is not a bad athlete but he doesn't throw well.  I wanted them to try him at 2B for a while, since he started out at SS/3B.  I think he could become a solid LF.  That bat though, loudest MiLB bat I ever heard.
  • Popular Contributors