wildcard

Who will be DFA'd to make room for Delmon Young?

Young is expected to pass his physical and be added the O's 40 man roster soon. My guess on who is DFA'd to make room of the roster is Lavarnway or Paredes. Both are out for options. I believe either would be outrighted to Norfolk but they have to pass through waivers before that assignment can take effect.

Neither Larvarnway or Paredes has been outrighted before so they would have to accept the assignment to Norfolk.

Lavarnway would be my guess, as well. Could potentially be Clevenger (though I feel like they want to try and trade him if possible), Paredes, or an outside chance of Drake or Gamboa.

I agree. I wonder though if this has not been one of the most boring Orioles offseason ever. When you have two threads with almost a thousand posts about whether or not we should sign COLBY RASMUS and Adam Jones wedding threads, well, enough said...lol.

I agree. I wonder though if this has not been one of the most boring Orioles offseason ever. When you have two threads with almost a thousand posts about whether or not we should sign COLBY RASMUS and Adam Jones wedding threads, well, enough said...lol.

Next off season will suit you better.

The baseball offseason is getting longer and more boring each year it seems. In Basketball and Football almost all the guys sign quick and then the off season is slow with teams just adding depth and making small moves. In baseball you have some of the top free agent players to signing later and later waiting for some team to come in and overpay. I think Boras is the main factor in this in him waiting and waiting to sign his guys pushing the market back. I was hoping with guy like Drew and Morals and even Ubaldo and Cruz that players would be more inclined to sign sooner then try to hold teams hostage but it not looking that way with Scherzer and Shields.

The baseball offseason is getting longer and more boring each year it seems. In Basketball and Football almost all the guys sign quick and then the off season is slow with teams just adding depth and making small moves. In baseball you have some of the top free agent players to signing later and later waiting for some team to come in and overpay. I think Boras is the main factor in this in him waiting and waiting to sign his guys pushing the market back. I was hoping with guy like Drew and Morals and even Ubaldo and Cruz that players would be more inclined to sign sooner then try to hold teams hostage but it not looking that way with Scherzer and Shields.
Who ever wins the Scherzer and Shields lotteries will be the losers. Not the winners.

You think he likes hearing about who the O's will be selecting with all those draft picks?

Hey, we will have 11 roster slots to fill as well! The draft is not until June.

This year we has essentially no roster spots to fill.

As Miller was a playoff add on only. De Aza was a pre replacement for Markakis. And Wieters was always going to replace Cruz.

Or so I say.

Who ever wins the Scherzer and Shields lotteries will be the losers. Not the winners.

Do you think Boras is struggling to get the "big name" FAs now signed to long term contracts? Seems like a lot of clubs are not willing to shell out the $150MM+ contracts now.

I think most of the teams that signed the top free agents are the losers. I was looking at the top 50 free agent signings and I counted like 5 deals that I think were not awful for the teams. The contracts for guys that are decent but not great players is getting out of hand which I think makes it more depressing as an Oriole fan because more and more teams are spending unlike the past when you had just a handful of teams.

I think most of the teams that signed the top free agents are the losers. I was looking at the top 50 free agent signings and I counted like 5 deals that I think were not awful for the teams. The contracts for guys that are decent but not great players is getting out of hand which I think makes it more depressing as an Oriole fan because more and more teams are spending unlike the past when you had just a handful of teams.

No need for depression. We have located a different model that has made us a winning team.

Do you think Boras is struggling to get the "big name" FAs now signed to long term contracts? Seems like a lot of clubs are not willing to shell out the $150MM+ contracts now.

Shields is a 100 million. Scherer is 175. And both will get that money. Makes Ubaldo look great!

No need for depression. We have located a different model that has made us a winning team.

I agree but the model was with young cheap talent that in the future will start costing much more. In order for that way to work the young guys like Gausman Bundy and Harvey will have to come up and pitch well. The Rays has a similar plan IMO granted with less money but slowly when a few young guys were not as good as the hoped has came back to hurt them. They were hoping that guys like Jennings, Myers and Moore would be the key to them staying on top of the division. We can still compete IMO but will have to rely on those three pitchers to make a long impact in the division. I am not sure teams will be able to sign guys like Chen for cheap any more.

Shields is a 100 million. Scherer is 175. And both will get that money. Makes Ubaldo look great!

I read yesterday that Shields has an offer in excess of 100 million.