Sign in to follow this  
Union Park

Pictures of "Old" Ed Smith Stadium and Renovated Ed Smith Stadium

Great stuff. Can't wait to get back there. The last time I was there was in 1991, one of the O's "homeless" springs. They played a couple of "home" games there, including the one I saw. It was the game in which Glenn Davis hurt his neck. A bad memory from a nice place.

I agree. The Orioles did do it right. And for us fans it was kind of a reward after having lived through Fort Lauderdale. If you are interested in my write up about that ballpark, here it is: http://deadballbaseball.com/?p=5510

Do you have any pics of the amazing weight-room-tent in the parking lot at Ft Lauderdale? I was really astonished (appalled?) that you could watch the guys (I remember watching Tejada, Roberts and Markakis) work out as they came off the field and into the tent. (!)

I still remember the 3-hour (one-way) drive across the state to visit the Minor League camp, too. It's so great to have the guys brought over and back throughout the spring now, and to see them work out by just hopping across town. Soooo different.

Edited by justD