Roy Firestone

Ubaldo looked pretty good again...

He did look good. I think he is Ubaldo's designated catcher.

I don't pretend to be able to see all the intricacies of catching, but at this point I'm not sure it makes sense to expose Clevenger to waivers in order to add bring up Lavarnway.

I'm just guessing here, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the wildness, and some of the velocity, were to come back when he steps on the mound of a real major league ballpark in a game that counts and his adrenaline gets going. I'm looking forward to him having a big season.
I am sure that his adrenaline was really up in last year's clincher game. He started that game really wild, but straightened himself out to win the game.

I don't pretend to be able to see all the intricacies of catching, but at this point I'm not sure it makes sense to expose Clevenger to waivers in order to add bring up Lavarnway.

Clevenger still has an option left, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clevenger still has an option left, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I think you're right. I didn't realize that his only time in the minors in 2012 was on injury rehab.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the Ubaldo we see in 2015. Boy would that be a boon to an already solid staff. Norris to the pen would be the best move IMO.

I'm just guessing here, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the wildness, and some of the velocity, were to come back when he steps on the mound of a real major league ballpark in a game that counts and his adrenaline gets going.
I am sure that his adrenaline was really up in last year's clincher game. He started that game really wild, but straightened himself out to win the game.

He didn't have sufficient time to work through the adjustment with his hands in that game, that's the difference. He's had a full ST plus whatever he did in the offseason to prepare for the start of the regular season.

I don't see adrenaline as being an issue for a guy who's had plenty of experience.

Easy Wildcard. Lets see how this translates into the season.

Optimism is a good thing. Its spring. The warm days are on their way and the O's are playing baseball. Its the good life.

Easy Wildcard. Lets see how this translates into the season.

In 2013, Ubaldo was the best pitcher in the AL after July 1.

In 2013, Ubaldo was the best pitcher in the AL after July 1.

We'll see Tyler Wilson before it's July if Jimenez isn't pitching well.