OFFNY

Ongoing Lineup Thread (2015)

I'm not one to try to tell Buck his business - but here it goes anyway... This constant lineup shuffling is not helping this team at all IMO. Is it too much to ask to put Pearce in LF, Snider in RF - and give them two weeks of steady games and see if they hit and field? Pearce was our best non-Cruz hitter last year - can we give some ABs at a position he's played since Little League and see if he can get going?

Young is fine a PT players - but his extreme lack of plate discipline exposes him in a full time role. Let him spell Snider vs tough LHP. Lough and DeAza can't hit. Play Navarro or some other defenisve asset at 2B - put our bats in the outfield - and see if we can't develop a bit of continuity.

• Upvote 1

o

o

Although Aaron Sanchez has a solid ERA of 3.62, he leads the major leagues in walks with 25 of them in only 32.33 innings pitched ...... hence, his WHIP of 1.546.

Sanchez has also thrown 4 wild pitches in those 32.33 innings.

The Orioles batters need to have some patience tonight ...... perhaps a lot of patience.

Like that's happening ...

Back-to-back walks to lead off the 2nd inning, Scott. o:cool:

I'm not one to try to tell Buck his business - but here it goes anyway... This constant lineup shuffling is not helping this team at all IMO. Is it too much to ask to put Pearce in LF, Snider in RF - and give them two weeks of steady games and see if they hit and field? Pearce was our best non-Cruz hitter last year - can we give some ABs at a position he's played since Little League and see if he can get going?

Young is fine a PT players - but his extreme lack of plate discipline exposes him in a full time role. Let him spell Snider vs tough LHP. Lough and DeAza can't hit. Play Navarro or some other defenisve asset at 2B - put our bats in the outfield - and see if we can't develop a bit of continuity.

Well said. I agree completely.

Historically he has dominated right handed pitching (714 OPS 90 points lower then vs LHP)

And Lough has a .718 career OPS vs RHP. And is a plus defender. Buck sure loves him some Delmon.

And Lough has a .718 career OPS vs RHP. And is a plus defender. Buck sure loves him some Delmon.

But you can't go exposing Lough to all right handed pitchers. Only certain ones.

At least that is what I have been told.

But you can't go exposing Lough to all right handed pitchers. Only certain ones.

I guess Lough is eternally in the doghouse for getting caught stealing the other night. Even though he was on base 2 out of 3 times and would have been on base all 3 times if he wasn't robbed of a hit by Pillar.

Historically he has dominated right handed pitching (714 OPS 90 points lower then vs LHP)

I'm gonna guess Young has some historic small sample size success against Weaver.

Who told you that?

De Aza again?

De Aza only hits .444 with a dong and two walks and has the highest OPS against Weaver than any current Oriole.

De Aza only hits .444 with a dong and two walks and has the highest OPS against Weaver than any current Oriole.

Os will probably need all the offense they can get tonight since they dont typically hit less than average fastball velocity well.