Sign in to follow this  
PressBoxOnline

Do The Orioles Have The Best Starting Rotation In The American League East?

I think Chen answered that question yesterday.

He didn't make it out of the 5th.

Yeah his one start negates his whole body of work the last three year :/

• Upvote 1

I don't know but I think this staff is very underrated nationally because they're not flashy guys.

Like the rest of the team, this is a blue collar pitching staff, full of blue collar guys, going out and getting the job done!

Like the rest of the team, this is a blue collar pitching staff, full of blue collar guys, going out and getting the job done!

Yep. Reminds me, I am so happy to see Tillman have worked out. I've always rooted hard for the guy since him being great makes the Bedard trade even better plus I have a soft spot for him since he was the first guy on the team to be younger than me. Anyhow Chen had a rough start last night but he'll get it figured out I'm sure.

I think Chen answered that question yesterday.

He didn't make it out of the 5th.

Yeah, the Red Sox clearly have the best rotation since Bucholz went 7 shutout innings in his first start. :rolleyestf:

I don't know if we have the best starting pitchers per se. But I do think that our starting pitching will be the most effective in the division, because of our outstanding defense.

Outstanding defense can go a long ways towards run prevention, as long as you have pitchers who don't walk people and keep the ball in the park. As long as the O's have a good defensive team, they will be able to remain contenders even if they don't give $20 million/year contracts to their starters.

I don't know if we have the best starting pitchers per se. But I do think that our starting pitching will be the most effective in the division, because of our outstanding defense.

Outstanding defense can go a long ways towards run prevention, as long as you have pitchers who don't walk people and keep the ball in the park. As long as the O's have a good defensive team, they will be able to remain contenders even if they don't give $20 million/year contracts to their starters.

This. It's the defense, our starters are replaceable. If Rick Porcello pitched in front of the Orioles the last two years he'd have an ERA under 3.00 and everyone here would be clamoring for the Orioles to sign him to the deal he got from the Sox, but since he pitched in Detroit he doesn't look as good as some of our guys.

He's better than all of them, but that deal is still dumb.