Dipper9

Feb 28 Lineups

I wish I had known this was going on earlier, or I woulda been here since 1pm. :D

Roberts walks.

Promptly steals 2nd base.

Roberts steals 3rd.

Ahhhhhhhh. Baseball is back with my lil' base-thief doing what he does best. :D

And you gathered all this from 35 pitches in the first ST game of 2008?

Seriously? Did you even read what I just wrote. Nothing I said has anything to do with 35 pitches in ST. It has to do with 329 MiL IP and 142 ML IP, none of which suggest that he has even decent command.

Did you read his post? He gathered all of that from his Major League and Minor League BB numbers. Not on 35 pitches in his first spring training game of the season.

I don't think he should include this warm up as proof of his assessment.

Again, to clarify, what I was saying earlier was not an overreaction. It was based on a career 5.22 MiL BB/9 rate and a 5.55 ML BB/9 rate. My statement was a general concern that really should be emphasized more on this board.

This "he will be fine" mentality is confusing to me. There is nothing to suggest that shaky command won't be a serious problem for Loewen this year and possibly for his career. I'd frankly be surprised if he has a better walk rate than Daniel Cabrera in 2008. He's got great stuff, but has always struggled with his command.

When I say he will fine, I am not suggesting he will only walk 2 per 9 for the rest of his career, I am just saying his stuff is good enough to overcome some of his wildness ( as long as he improves the 5.22 MiL bb rate some ) But I do agree that his minor league numbers are alarming, honestly I did not know he walked that many guys...

Again, to clarify, what I was saying earlier was not an overreaction. It was based on a career 5.22 MiL BB/9 rate and a 5.55 ML BB/9 rate. My statement was a general concern that really should be emphasized more on this board.

His walk rates are out of control, this is true. Even in 2007 when it appeared that he was pitching well with a healthy ERA he had a 7.71 BB/9. It is of major concern in general.

What part of "It was based on a career 5.22 MiL BB/9 rate and a 5.55 ML BB/9 rate." do you not understand?

That you used today's warmup as continued proof he won't have it this year and likely never will.

I don't think he should include this warm up as proof of his assessment.

I didn't. The innings I cited were all prior to this. I even made a disclaimer that I have been worrying about his command far prior to his injury. I could have been making these posts a year ago and they'd be identical.

I still can't get it to work.

I guess it's because I haven't purchased it yet, but I keep getting that **** error message when I try to purchase.

I'll register for you. Send me your credit card number :P