Sign in to follow this  
pocketRIPKENS

Rained out tonight?

Every time there is any rain in the forecast people make posts like this and yet 9 times out of ten the game goes on as scheduled with nary a delay. It will be fine. There might be a rain delay and there might be occasional drizzle after the game starts but the forecast is not bad.

Looks like they'll get it in, but I'm expecting a fairly substantial delay.

Edited by Scrat1

Looks like they'll get it in, but I'm expecting a fairly fairly substantial delay.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/21230:4:US

Expect occasional rain to end by Tuesday at 8:00 pm

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.27494982307695&lon=-76.62339978826878&site=all&smap=1#.VS2HLfnF9y4

Rain likely, mainly before 7pm. Patchy fog before 7pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 50.

I don't know what forecast you guys are looking at. Worst case scenario, there is a rain delay until 8 and then it starts drizzling at some point later in the game.

Tarp coming off the field. No rain delay to start. Chance of passing drizzles until 9, 0 percent after. Chicken Littles can stand down.

Tarp coming off the field. No rain delay to start. Chance of passing drizzles until 9, 0 percent after. Chicken Littles can stand down.

Do you think Chicken Little will pinch hit for Davis? He is a righty batter?

P08-0004.jpg

Every time there is any rain in the forecast people make posts like this and yet 9 times out of ten the game goes on as scheduled with nary a delay. It will be fine. There might be a rain delay and there might be occasional drizzle after the game starts but the forecast is not bad.

LOL.

I thought so too, until I got dumped on last August.

Been raining and stopped, they thought they had a 3 hour window and with no warning, the skys opened up and dumped on us.

Strange think is, I am just 20 minutes from the stadium.

I have seen them playing with no rain, and strong rain my way and vice versa.

Debating on headed to OPACY with this rain. Brutal to sit thru 2 hour delay and then 4 hour game on weekday. Any thoughts?
The weather is very nice today, lots of sunshine. Last night(Tuesday) as I headed for the game, it was cold and drizzly and I wondered whether they were going to call it. Once the game got past the 5th inning, with the Os ahead, I figured that, at least it would be an official game. It drizzled during most of the game and I'm glad I brought my umbrella. At one point, the skies seemed to open up a bit, but the game kept going. I'm glad that it did because 1) the Orioles won and 2) I got to boo Aroid. :D

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/15)

Roch Kubatko states that the Orioles' grounds crew, which Showalter considers to be the best in baseball, is getting the field ready for batting practice.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/588416185273819137

Buck gave a shout out to the grounds crew (Nicole?) last night in his press conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the Orioles do have the best grounds crew.

I suspect some credit should goto whomever design the system and allowed the investment into pumps and drain beds under the playing turf, so they can draw out a ton of water and like Buck said, "keep the field from being sloppy."

Do you think Chicken Little will pinch hit for Davis? He is a righty batter?

P08-0004.jpg

Before we acquired him, Chicken Little OPS'd .920 in the PCL. I know the stats can be inflated, but I'm hoping for big things.