ScottieBaseball

Official '08 O's Minor League Spring Training Roster

I think they were kind of joking. I think you are the one turning it into an issure.

Oh, no... I got multiple dings and got chewed out (but not by Scottie) and everything... they're serious about it being an insult... I told'em I was just goofing about the alphabetical order, and I got re-chewed out...

ps. Yes, it was perfectly obvious to me that the list is in numerical order. (I never said anybody couldn't count.)

• Upvote 1

Somebody could look at that list and figure it was done by an illiterate.

If you were joking, it wasn't clear. You can be up and down sometimes, Shack. A smiley or even a "hehehe" might have helped make the lighthearted nature of your comment more clear. Doc compiled the list from one provided him by the O's, I proofed it, and posted it, thus took the illiterate comment as an insult. Apparently I'm not the only one, but you're a pretty straight-up guy. If you were kidding, cool. No harm, no foul. ;)

I think they were kind of joking. I think you are the one turning it into an issure.

No, I was semi-serious. I breezed through his post, took it personally, and reacted. It was my bad.

ScottieBaseball's latest episode of "Over Emotional Reaction to an Inoccuous Comment" has been brought to you by Job Stress. From the makers of Financial Turmoil comes Job Stress, because all the other crap you're managing in your life might not be enough! Job Stress, by Acme! :D

No, I was semi-serious. I breezed through his post, took it personally, and reacted. It was my bad.

ScottieBaseball's latest episode of "Over Emotional Reaction to an Inoccuous Comment" has been brought to you by Job Stress. From the makers of Financial Turmoil comes Job Stress, because all the other crap you're managing in your life might not be enough! Job Stress, by Acme! :D

Even when we see things differently, I always think you're a Good Guy... and in general you seem to be better at not over-reacting than a lot of us are (including me)...

Peace, love, and rock 'n roll...

Oh, no... I got multiple dings and got chewed out (but not by Scottie) and everything... they're serious about it being an insult... I told'em I was just goofing about the alphabetical order, and I got re-chewed out...

ps. Yes, it was perfectly obvious to me that the list is in numerical order. (I never said anybody couldn't count.)

The problem here shack is you have a god-given ability to bring up stuff that has nothing to do with the spirit of a thread. People were starting to talk about the players on the roster and you throw a curve ball.

I dinged you because you should know better than to throw a topic off in the majors or minors forums, yet you have an innate ability to do this.

Perhaps sometimes it's better to just go, "Nope, no comment is needed by me in this thread."

Ok, back to the topic...

Dashenko is supposed to be very impressive. David told me about him in our conversations this winter. He really likes the kid and thinks he's got a chance to be one of the best DR players to come out of the DR program (insert smart alack comment about him only having to be better than Ed Rogers here). :D

Ok, back to the topic...

Dashenko is supposed to be very impressive. David told me about him in our conversations this winter. He really likes the kid and thinks he's got a chance to be one of the best DR players to come out of the DR program (insert smart alack comment about him only having to be better than Ed Rogers here). :D

Interesting turn this thread took -- glad it is back on topic. That is very exciting news about Dashenko. Where might he play this year? Does he have a bat to go along with that arm?

Not that I know of. Off the top of my head, for the Baysox in 07, Matt Cepicky wore 33, Ruddy Yan wore 5, Paco Figueroa wore 4, and I believe Rommie Lewis wore 20.

My guess is that in minor league camp, the players have not yet been assigned to the Tides, BaySox, Keys, or Shorebirds. Therefore, they probably wear uniforms that say "Orioles". And therefore, they cannot wear 4, 5, 8, 20, or 33.

I wonder if the Bluefield Orioles honor those retired n umbers?

My guess is that in minor league camp, the players have not yet been assigned to the Tides, BaySox, Keys, or Shorebirds. Therefore, they probably wear uniforms that say "Orioles". And therefore, they cannot wear 4, 5, 8, 20, or 33.

Don't forget 22...

"See those gray hairs? Every one of them has number 22 on it." -- Earl Weaver :D

"See those gray hairs? Every one of them has number 22 on it." -- Earl Weaver :D

He musta been confused about Eddie Watt's number;-)

Don't forget 22...

Oops! How could I ever forget 22.

I see that Tyler Henson is now listed at 3B...

Is he not going to prgress as a SS ?

If not, does his bat really profile as a 3B or more like a 2B ?

Thanks

I see that Tyler Henson is now listed at 3B...

Is he not going to prgress as a SS ?

If not, does his bat really profile as a 3B or more like a 2B ?

Thanks

He might see some playing time at short this year, but it's been pretty well decided that he's not going to be shortstop. They'll give him some time at 3B and 2B this year and maybe some in the outfield.

This Dashenko cat looks to have had a good season last year...do we...*gulp* have a teen DR prospect that might be worth getting excited about?

Tony, does he have power potential?

He might see some playing time at short this year, but it's been pretty well decided that he's not going to be shortstop. They'll give him some time at 3B and 2B this year and maybe some in the outfield.

Speaking of position changes on a lesser note, Wally Crancer is listed as a catcher. Is that a mistake or is the OF being switched to the tools of ignorance?