MagicBird

The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

Yea, he got a lot from Seattle, but he sure would look good in Baltimore right now. Cant help but think we would be looking at a better record with Nellie in our lineup.

Its early and we have a long way to go, but so far its looking like we are missing Nellie and Nick more than I thought we would.

Other than AJ, we arent looking so hot in the OF.

Leads the league in homers. There is no doubt we would have won some games we already lost with him in the lineup. Sure the extra year was not ideal, but you have to overpay for talent sometimes. I would rather have Cruz than MW or Chen at the prices they will command.

I still believe DD was not fully engaged this offseason. I know Buck wanted Cruz back.

Well thank god someone started a thread asking if we missed a player that got a gigantic long term contract from another team.

I understand the reasons why we didn't go for Cruz in the offseason, but the selfish fan in me wishes we did. And I definitely agree with the above posted, DD wasn't on his A-game when it comes to looking out for the Baltimore organization over the past six months.

My god, these kind of posts are getting annoying. Yes, it would be nice to have Cruz and Nick. No, we are not missing them more than we thought would.

The offense is fine. 3rd in the AL in OBP, 1st in SLG. And this is AFTER the recent slump.

The pitching has been subpar, especially the starters. Fix that, and we'll be fine.

Well last year, we were so much better with him! Through 26 games we were a blistering 12-14!

This year, we are an awful 12-14. DD should be hanging his head in shame.

What team wouldn't be better with the hottest hitter in baseball? It's far less certain if that team will be better over the next 3.8 years paying a mid-30s DH $15M+ a year. I'm sure most of us would have more enjoyable lives with a freshly restored 1988 Ferrari Testarossa, until a few months down the road it needs $18k in repairs and you start thinking maybe you could have spent your hard earned cash on something less risky.

Nick Markakis has not been a good baseball player at this point in the season. He wouldn't help us one bit.

And until Tillman and Norris stop pitching horribly, I'm not sure the rest would matter.

My god, these kind of posts are getting annoying. Yes, it would be nice to have Cruz and Nick. No, we are not missing them more than we thought would.

The offense is fine. 3rd in the AL in OBP, 1st in SLG. And this is AFTER the recent slump.

The pitching has been subpar, especially the starters. Fix that, and we'll be fine.

I agree with you.

And nothing more enjoyable than seeing somebody annoyed so easily over something so trivial.