25 Nuggets

Manny Machado needs to reassess his defense

He looks like he did at Double-A. I think some of it is sample size, some of it is a rut, and some of it is him being slightly more erratic than he had previously shown (which would be consistent with what he had shown prior to reaching Baltimore). I don't think he is THIS erratic, but a little more erratic than he previously showed with the O's.

He looks like he did at Double-A. I think some of it is sample size, some of it is a rut, and some of it is him being slightly more erratic than he had previously shown (which would be consistent with what he had shown prior to reaching Baltimore). I don't think he is THIS erratic, but a little more erratic than he previously showed with the O's.

Let's hope he doesn't go all "Ryan Zimmerman" on us...:eektf:

I was in the 10th row of 56 last night and Chad seemed very distracted in the field, generally. He spent a lot of time looking into the stands... no idea why, and this isn't a set-up waiting for a punchline. It was almost as if the Oze had a defense coach positioned in the middle of Field Box 56 or 58 giving him positioning signals. He also played with his hat and his glove a lot. And, I mean, yeah obviously players do that kind of thing in between pitches and especially in between batters, but Jimenez was working fairly quickly most of the game and Chad appeared both bored and nervous at the same time. I haven't seen that before - and I've seen quite a few games from that section. Really odd.

• Upvote 1

Manny has had a big problem with throwing this season. He throws sidearm instead of overhand, and has not been accurate on too many occasions. The problem is magnified by the pitching staff's propensity for letting the free baserunners score.

Manny has had a big problem with throwing this season. He throws sidearm instead of overhand, and has not been accurate on too many occasions. The problem is magnified by the pitching staff's propensity for letting the free baserunners score.

"Steve Sax Syndrome" strikes again.

He is on pace to have 40 errors. Hard to put a positive spin on that.

I'm hoping that this is some sort of isolated skid, that he'll bounce back. But it does seem like every error he makes hurts us. Just weird...

I was in the 10th row of 56 last night and Chad seemed very distracted in the field, generally. He spent a lot of time looking into the stands... no idea why, and this isn't a set-up waiting for a punchline. It was almost as if the Oze had a defense coach positioned in the middle of Field Box 56 or 58 giving him positioning signals. He also played with his hat and his glove a lot. And, I mean, yeah obviously players do that kind of thing in between pitches and especially in between batters, but Jimenez was working fairly quickly most of the game and Chad appeared both bored and nervous at the same time. I haven't seen that before - and I've seen quite a few games from that section. Really odd.

Chad. Took me a minute before I figured out who you were talking about...

Chad. Took me a minute before I figured out who you were talking about...

He has tried miserably to get that nickname going and won't accept that it never will.

This shot from the broadcast last night might help explain that. natural.JPG

• Upvote 2