Sign in to follow this  
Rene88

Watching David Lough Bat Makes My Eyes Bleed

Let's find those threads. I strongly disagree with you.

If you think Nick is still an impact player, then you might read "can replace Markakis" as "is an impact player." Since Nick is no longer an impact player (though he is very dependable and great to have in the clubhouse), his statistical contribution is fairly easily replaceable.

If you think Nick is still an impact player, then you might read "can replace Markakis" as "is an impact player." Since Nick is no longer an impact player (though he is very dependable and great to have in the clubhouse), his statistical contribution is fairly easily replaceable.

No, that isn't what I am saying. I am saying that people were calling Snider a steal/hidden gem with huge upside.

I liked Nick a lot (him and Jones favorite O's) but understand not signing him.

No, that isn't what I am saying. I am saying that people were calling Snider a steal/hidden gem with huge upside.

Upside, yes. "HUGE" upside, probably not.

I always thought Lough was somehow a distant relative to Buck. That's the only explanation I have for him being on a major league roster. He is a complete waste of a roster spot.

I always thought Lough was somehow a distant relative to Buck. That's the only explanation I have for him being on a major league roster. He is a complete waste of a roster spot.

Yet another completely outlandish statement about David Lough that isn't statistically backed up. :rolleyestf:

• Upvote 1

So they weren't calling him an impact player? Or that is how you interpreted it?

Yep. Complete waste. That's why they gave up Valencia for him.

He is making the league minimum and is having a more productive season that Nick Markakis, accruing 0.2 WAR (both flavors) in 22 plate appearances and 53 and 2/3rds defensive innings. Markakis has been worth 0.0 rWAR and fWAR.

David Lough is a fine fourth outfielder who doesn't get used as much by the Orioles as he would by other teams due to the Orioles having several other left-handed hitting outfielders, a center-fielder that plays every single day, and a belief that Alejandro De Aza is an above average defensive outfielder (he is not).

• Upvote 1

Yet another completely outlandish statement about David Lough that isn't statistically backed up. :rolleyestf:

I guess De Aza must be a close relative.

I'm not nearly talented enough to crop stats, but can someone please pull Lough's stats from June 1 through the end of the year last season?

He started off terrible, but for the final 4 months of the season he was one of our best hitters.

I'm not nearly talented enough to crop stats, but can someone please pull Lough's stats from June 1 through the end of the year last season?

He started off terrible, but for the final 4 months of the season he was one of our best hitters.

.337/.389/.570 over 99 plate appearances while playing above average defense. Obviously his numbers wouldn't be that good if he played every day but as a fourth outfielder, they don't have to be.

• Upvote 1