OFFNY

vs. BLUE JAYS, 5/13

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Besides Kluber, the only other game in history of 18+ strikeouts, 0 walks & no more than one hit: Kerry Wood's 20-K, 0-BB one-hitter in 1998</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">May 14, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If lough can't steal with that jump, he is not as fast as we think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Needs to RUN and stop looking back at the catcher

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="enwitter"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">attendance 24,654</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">May 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If lough can't steal with that jump, he is not as fast as we think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is one of those players who is slower than you always think he should be; the inverse Delmon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 159 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Is "Paddy Wagon" racist? Was the bottle of whisky at the violent, drunken Leprechaun's foot (since removed) racist. Were the sub-human, monkey man cartoon depictions of Irish people in newspapers across the country racist? Here's a good example from: https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/art-and-design/apes-psychos-alcos-how-british-cartoonists-depict-the-irish-1.3149409 Source: https://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2011/01/28/irish-apes-tactics-of-de-humanization/ English-Americans said of the Irish, "An Irish person is just a [defamatory slur for black people] turned inside out."
    • I just figured they used this angle to honor Caleb Joseph.
    • Boston are had many key events in American Revolutionary war so I Think the deserve to use the name patriots.  All I can remember about DC is them deserting the city and  letting the British burn it to the ground during war of 1812.  
    • I recently watched a few:of the Dean Martin roasts. They were terribly racist.  
    • 😂😂 it definitely does, but it's really easy to use so it's not a PIA
    • American society's relationship with Native Americans and its use of their culture is a distinct issue.  It's akin to why no team in the Bundesliga is named the "Shofars": namely the Soviet and American armies. Instead of getting executed for international war crimes, our perpetrators of genocide got memorialized and their victims got made into mascots. In a broader sense, racial/ethnic/religious /socioeconomic based humor is now dead...the Trevelers, Celtics,  and organizers of the Hillbilly Classic just haven't gotten the memo yet. I say that with a bit of wistful sadness. I have heartily laughed at and made (bad ones) such jokes. But humans being what they are, those types of jokes are always tainted by the inequities of power. And that is corrosive. Someone is always being laughed at in such jokes....not laughed with. You can argue that is a core element of humor (and I would not disagree). I suspect after the first fart joke: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-joke-odd/worlds-oldest-joke-traced-back-to-1900-bc-idUSKUA14785120080801 the second joke was about someone being different. But, I think,  we can evolve to be better. Sammy Davis Jr. had to do a routine every night in Vegas with his "friends" Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra where a chunk of the jokes were about Sammy being black. Most of those jokes were only "funny" because America was racist...and the joke was that Sammy was nevertheless allowed to be on stage with them. There is, of course, lots of nuanced ambiguity. But mascots, team names, and theme nights, are probably poor places to have fun with that ambiguity.
  • Popular Contributors