wildcard

Orioles win; Yankees lose

3 hours ago, bobmc said:

At the end, "Might be, could be, it is!"  "What do you think John Smoltz?"

If I didn't know who John Smoltz is, when I listen to much of what he say I would think, "There's a guy who doesn't know much about baseball. I wonder what he's doing on a network broadcast."  At least I know how Joe Buck got his job, even if I can't figure out how he keeps it.

25 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

If I didn't know who John Smoltz is, when I listen to much of what he say I would think, "There's a guy who doesn't know much about baseball. I wonder what he's doing on a network broadcast."  At least I know how Joe Buck got his job, even if I can't figure out how he keeps it.

John Smoltz is a golfer.  Have you seen a ball more crushed than Giancarlo did yesterday?

What's the appropriate balance between enjoying this baseball season (short term gain) without sacrificing enjoy baseball in Baltimore for many seasons to come (long term gain)?

Do we want to lose every game in extra innings by 1 run? An unearned one at that with the current rule.

Want the O's to win the games I watch, but lose all the games I miss watching. The rational part of my brain sees it one way, the Neanderthal part the opposite.

4 hours ago, Fan4Life said:

What's the appropriate balance between enjoying this baseball season (short term gain) without sacrificing enjoy baseball in Baltimore for many seasons to come (long term gain)?

Do we want to lose every game in extra innings by 1 run? An unearned one at that with the current rule.

No balance. Just win every game

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

o

(AUGUST 7th)

After getting smacked around by the Marlins for 4 games, this feels good.

o

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Rays break through in the bottom of the 8th to beat the NYYs, 1-0. Two hits for the Bombers.

Yankees had homered in every game this year until that point, and tonight they didn't even score.

Rays got their run on 2 walks, a wild pitch, and a sac fly.   They had gone about 20 innings without scoring before that run.

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(AUGUST 7th)

o

o

Chaz Roe,who was waived by both the Orioles and the Yankees earlier in his career, pitched the final 2 innings of the game for the W.

Roe was once a 1st-Round draft pick out of high school ........ back in 2005.

o

23 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(AUGUST 7th)

o

o

(AUGUST 8th)

Orioles win ........ Yankees split.

o

o

(AUGUST 9th)

ORIOLES JOBBED !!!

YANKEES LOSE !!!

ORIOLES JOBBED !!!

YANKEES LOSE !!!

ORIOLES JOBBED !!!

YANKEES LOSE !!!

o

The home team is responsible for seeing that the field is in playing condition, if humanly possible.The home team did not do that, therefore the Visitors should in no way be punished. Five innings were played, the home team batted last in the 5th, therefore the Orioles won a shortened 5 inning game.  Any other decision is a violation of the rules of Baseball and the Orioles should not take this without a fight.   Protest the game, and I know that rarely is upheld, but clearly the rules of Baseball were violated.  This society cannot even have a baseball game that is decided fairly.  So sick.

o

(SEPTEMBER 4th - 6th)

I love it when the Orioles play head-to-head against the Yankees, because that way they don't have to rely on other teams to ensure a Yankee loss.

o