wildcard

What do you expect in June from the O's?

I would have too. And if we do, we do not have Davis. Because the Matusz and Hunter money would have been spent on pitching.

I agree with what you said about Matusz and Hunter money, but, I disagree about Hardy, especially when they resigned him, looking around the org and league, SS pickings are pretty slim.

I would have too. And if we do, we do not have Davis. Because the Matusz and Hunter money would have been spent on pitching.

I'd have given Cruz the money that went to Hardy (I know that's not exactly the same amount). I was mad at Davis for the suspension but after getting over that I'd have brought him back. This is what I said in the off season, including a few players we didn't really know about at the time:

Machado - R/3B

Snider - L/RF (or De Aza but not both)

Jones - R/CF

Cruz - R/DH

Davis - L/1B

Pearce - R/LF

Schoop - R/2B

Flaherty - L/SS

Joseph - R/C

Clevenger (Wieters), Young, Cabrera, Lough

So, I'd have missed out on the Jimmy Paredes Experience, which I don't believe ends as well as it started. I'd have also tried to upgrade Lough and allowed for Cabrera to beat out Flash at SS. Also, without JJ, they may have looked at other SS options.

Good write-up as usual Wildcard.

My takes: Matusz has to go. (Drake has lefties hitting .120 or so off him, Cabral is another solution)

Not sure there is room for Garcia with our starters struggling.

I would not be surprised to see Tillman or a struggling starter DL-ed

I can't possibly understand how Norris gets but 1-2 starts max. I personally would not remove Wright from the rotation until he struggles. I like Bud a lot and understand he won 15 games, but this is the majors, competition is the nature of the beast.

I like Nolan, but his lack of power does not provide any salvation for this offense in my eyes.

Parmalee might help but for that to happen it would take an injury or Chris Davis to move to the OF. I would like to see Davis in RF at least for a game or two to see how that might work.

Please please Buck-give Jimmy P a day off tonight. I know Jones is out, but he needs it.

Good write-up as usual Wildcard.

My takes: Matusz has to go. (Drake has lefties hitting .120 or so off him, Cabral is another solution)

Not sure there is room for Garcia with our starters struggling.

I would not be surprised to see Tillman or a struggling starter DL-ed

I can't possibly understand how Norris gets but 1-2 starts max. I personally would not remove Wright from the rotation until he struggles. I like Bud a lot and understand he won 15 games, but this is the majors, competition is the nature of the beast.

I like Nolan, but his lack of power does not provide any salvation for this offense in my eyes.

Parmalee might help but for that to happen it would take an injury or Chris Davis to move to the OF. I would like to see Davis in RF at least for a game or two to see how that might work.

Please please Buck-give Jimmy P a day off tonight. I know Jones is out, but he needs it.

Question....why is Nolan's supposed lack of power a big deal? He has always had a good OBP. Slap him at the top of the lineup leading off and let the guys behind him knock him in.

My expectations for June...16-12 to go into July at one game over .500.

I expect one of Pearce, Snyder, or Paredes is "injured" which gives Reimold a spot on the team.

I think Tillman gets DLed for his bad back to allow Norris back into the rotation, but I expect that to not go well and Bud will lose his spot for good when Tilly returns.

All in all, we've played like crap for 2 months and we're two games out of the division lead. This is anyone's division. That's the only thing that matters.

I think they have to bite the bullet and trade one of their young SP for a real COF like Reddick.

We need one bad. Who do you trade? What would it take to get Reddick? Problem is, we need one NOW, not July 31st.

Question....why is Nolan's supposed lack of power a big deal? He has always had a good OBP. Slap him at the top of the lineup leading off and let the guys behind him knock him in.

My expectations for June...16-12 to go into July at one game over .500.

I expect one of Pearce, Snyder, or Paredes is "injured" which gives Reimold a spot on the team.

I think Tillman gets DLed for his bad back to allow Norris back into the rotation, but I expect that to not go well and Bud will lose his spot for good when Tilly returns.

All in all, we've played like crap for 2 months and we're two games out of the division lead. This is anyone's division. That's the only thing that matters.

I think you are spot on here.

Regarding Reimold, I honestly would make a move, just to get some new fresh blood up here. I just don't think Reimold is much better than other current options.

I think you are spot on here.

Regarding Reimold, I honestly would make a move, just to get some new fresh blood up here. I just don't think Reimold is much better than other current options.

At this point, why the heck not.

Personally, I still see Parmalee coming up before Reimold.

Again, just my opinion, which doesn't buy much these ays. :)

I think with an improved defense (more Wieters, Flaherty, Schoop(?), and Lough), we'll see a much better pitching staff, which will take pressure off the offense, allowing it to "flourish" to about 4.3 runs/game. By July 1st, we'll be leading the division.

That's just the way I see it playing out.

Would you have non tendered Chris Davis and Brian Matusz and Alejandro De Aza and Tommy Hunter to sign Nelson Cruz? I've seen no indication that the team budget is increasing or will anytime soon. In fact my personal theory is that unless the MASN dispute is resolved favorably for the Orioles, that next year's budget will be less.

Yes, in a heartbeat!

I think with an improved defense (more Wieters, Flaherty, Schoop(?), and Lough), we'll see a much better pitching staff, which will take pressure off the offense, allowing it to "flourish" to about 4.3 runs/game. By July 1st, we'll be leading the division.

That's just the way I see it playing out.

:beerchug1:

:agree:

Only one thing would surprise me with this team, and thats going to the WS. I don't see us in any way as a top tier team.But even then, i guess you never know.

I agree we don't look very good right now, but remember that between June and August of last year, the Giants won only 20 of 55 games. I don't think anyone thought they were a WS team. I think we'll get it together.

At this point, why the heck not.

Personally, I still see Parmalee coming up before Reimold.

Again, just my opinion, which doesn't buy much these ays. :)

Which player are you going to lose then. And no, this is not a chance to say David Lough Must Go!

Which player are you going to lose then. And no, this is not a chance to say David Lough Must Go!

You know my fondness of Lough and even I realize he is more valuable than Reimold right now.

Your point is valid. Nobody he is clearly an upgrade over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk