weams

You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

It's a flat out disgrace that we are in the situation we are in. We were 4 games from the World Series last year and didn't do a dang thing to improve during the offseason knowing that we would be probably in all likelihood be losing a lot of valuable assets after this year. I firmly believe the Front Office should be embarrassed by their lack of trying. I just don't understand how anyone can look at our offseason and think it was ok. I was furious before the season even began, and now look where we are. This core could have been so much more with just a little bit of help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree wholeheartedly. They could have added payroll (Cruz, etc) and sure the team would have been in the red this season. That's called going for it. Then, after this season there is a TON of money going off the books. It's an epic fail by ownership and front office.

• Downvote 1

It's a flat out disgrace that we are in the situation we are in. We were 4 games from the World Series last year and didn't do a dang thing to improve during the offseason knowing that we would be probably in all likelihood be losing a lot of valuable assets after this year. I firmly believe the Front Office should be embarrassed by their lack of trying. I just don't understand how anyone can look at our offseason and think it was ok. I was furious before the season even began, and now look where we are. This core could have been so much more with just a little bit of help.

Boom. You nailed it. First time I can remember where a sports team of any sport or league actually regressed in the offseason after coming so close the season before. What they did this off season, KNOWING what was to take place this coming off season, was a complete and utter travesty. And anyone who tries to justify it, and their are plenty here, are imo not living in what the sports world is today.

• Upvote 1

Boom. You nailed it. First time I can remember where a sports team of any sport or league actually regressed in the offseason after coming so close the season before. What they did this off season, KNOWING what was to take place this coming off season, was a complete and utter travesty. And anyone who tries to justify it, and their are plenty here, are imo not living in what the sports world is today.

I completely agree. All I care about is winning a World Series. Hell, even appearing in one (as 24 other franchises have done since we last did) would be nice. Budgets, other than my own, mean nothing to me. I don't care if the Os have a $300 million budget or a $30 million budget....just get to the playoffs and win the last game of the World Series once you are there. The FO of course has to care about the budget because they are controlled by rich folks who pretend to be poor. It is possible that they care about winning as much as fans do, but most of the time I doubt it. And after this offseason, I am not even sure the FO actually went to work this winter. I know there is no stat out there that measures the impact on team morale of just letting very popular, very good players leave and doing nothing to replace them; but if there was such a stat, it would clearly show the FO did a lot of damage this winter by doing absolutely nothing.

• Downvote 1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Despite dropping 8 of 9, Dan Duquette said today that he is still talking trades w other clubs that would help the team in 2015.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">August 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DD are you kidding me? Maybe you will end up in Seattle. At this point who care's

He missed up the whole season of the O's competing.

• Downvote 1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Despite dropping 8 of 9, Dan Duquette said today that he is still talking trades w other clubs that would help the team in 2015.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

LOL. Are you kidding me? I was a very loud opponent to making any deals at the July 31st saying the Rangers may get second wild card (coming true...). I was more upset we didn't trade what we had for the future.

If DD is looking at deals that can help us out next year, fine.

If it is for this year, he is a moron. An absolute moron. That tells me he will be gone, one way or the other then and just doesn't care.

Seeing this just fires me up. I have criticized DD but still think he is a good GM overall, but I really really hope he doesn't give up anything else for this team. This team will go nowhere in the playoffs. Any amateur fan can tell you that. This stubbornness is getting to be absurd.

More and more he strikes me as somebody without a plan of what to do about tomorrow. Just do everything you can do hold on today so we can enjoy it while we can.

If this was the last year of the Orioles "window" then DD really failed to understand the stakes and prepare the team for a DEEP playoff run.

If this was not the last year of the Orioles "window" he has failed to add in any meaningful way to the team for next year.

You do realize that We are 3 and a half games out of the Wild Card.

....you do realize that We are 4 games out Last Place.

3 games out of last place

maybe DD is looking to pull off a big move that will keep us out of last place!

I think the lack of big moves this past season are the new Oriole way.

I think DD's eye being on Toronto did not help things. The effort to add players when we should've been sellers says it all.

This team was never going anywhere even if they wind up winning the last spot. I agree with the poster who said that the last wild card spot is fools gold. It was not good for the Os long term to try and add. Letting Cruz walk while adding Snider and the scrap heap type guys was never going to work.

LOL. Are you kidding me? I was a very loud opponent to making any deals at the July 31st saying the Rangers may get second wild card (coming true...). I was more upset we didn't trade what we had for the future.

If DD is looking at deals that can help us out next year, fine.

If it is for this year, he is a moron. An absolute moron. That tells me he will be gone, one way or the other then and just doesn't care.

Seeing this just fires me up. I have criticized DD but still think he is a good GM overall, but I really really hope he doesn't give up anything else for this team. This team will go nowhere in the playoffs. Any amateur fan can tell you that. This stubbornness is getting to be absurd.

I agree with your thought here Rene88. However Think calling DD a moron is clearly against board rules.