Sports Guy

Upset thread

Memphis and North Carolina are playing some kind of ball right now. I really think this will be the final. UCLA could very well beat Memphis if they start fouling half way'ish through the second half. I don't really see Kansas upsetting UNC. Unfortunately, I think UNC wins it all.

I wouldn't say unfortunately, because I'm pretty sure for each game UNC wins, Maryland sees about $100,000 a year for a bunch of years.

It's true that any team can win and I'm certainly impressed. Any time you make the Final Four, whether you are North Carolina or Weber State (hardy har har) it's impressive.

Each of these four teams deserves to be there and I agree that any one of them can win and I wouldn't be shocked.

The ONLY sad part about this is that I usually like when the Final Four bookends Opening Day for MLB. No idea why the NCAA waited an extra week to start the tourney.

It's true that any team can win and I'm certainly impressed. Any time you make the Final Four, whether you are North Carolina or Weber State (hardy har har) it's impressive.

Each of these four teams deserves to be there and I agree that any one of them can win and I wouldn't be shocked.

The ONLY sad part about this is that I usually like when the Final Four bookends Opening Day for MLB. No idea why the NCAA waited an extra week to start the tourney.

Nice Weber State reference, well done. I guess you're right though, it doesn't matter if you're Santa Clara, The College of Charleston, Butler, or whoever. The NCAA tournament is just an awesome event, and this one has been no different. ;)

Nice Weber State reference, well done. I guess you're right though, it doesn't matter if you're Santa Clara, The College of Charleston, Butler, or whoever. The NCAA tournament is just an awesome event, and this one has been no different. ;)

Did someone hear a noise? I thought I heard something....;):D

Memphis and North Carolina are playing some kind of ball right now. I really think this will be the final. UCLA could very well beat Memphis if they start fouling half way'ish through the second half. I don't really see Kansas upsetting UNC. Unfortunately, I think UNC wins it all.

That's hardly an upset.

Kansas, IMO, is a more complete team than UNC.

However, the question for the rest of the tourney is this......

Does Hansbrough allow his team to lose?

Curry should have gone to the hoop!!!

I must say, you have to be impressed with the #1 seeds.

They were clearly the 4 best teams, not just in this tourney but all year long.

They deserve to be the 4 teams fighting it out and anyone of them can win.

I liked the play of going for three with Lovedale out. It's easy for me to say as someone watching on TV and not the coach of a team which has relied on Curry all year, but I would have set something up for Barr. He was looking good in the second half and you knew the Kansas defense was going to be keying on Curry. Set up a shot for Barr with maybe 5 seconds left, and if it wasn't there, get it back to Curry and let him try to do something.

As soon as the brackets were announced I thought that this would be the year that all four #1's made it. Mainly because there just haven't been any other really impressive teams. Tennessee, Georgetown, and Duke have all looked like paper tigers. Texas and Louisville were teams I thought had a legitimate shot, but I couldn't pick Louisville over UNC.

In the end I picked Texas over Memphis just because there's never been the four #1s, but this result doesn't surprise me at all.

Well, I had 7 of 8 Elite Eight teams (damn you G'Town) and all 4 final four teams ... so my bracket must be right:

Kansas over UNC

UCLA over Memphis

Kansas over UCLA

I'll stick with it.

I have Kansas over UCLA as well.

UNC and Memphis are hot right now, but they have 7 and 6 days off respectively to cool down a bit.

That's hardly an upset.

Kansas, IMO, is a more complete team than UNC.

However, the question for the rest of the tourney is this......

Does Hansbrough allow his team to lose?

Right, my bad. I meant it in the sense that I think UNC will have to be the favorite with as hot as they've been playing. Technically, with all #1 seeds in the Final 4, no game would really be an upset.

Well Memphis beat UCLA to get to the final game just as I predicted my bracket. Rose and Douglas-Roberts came through with great games.

Wow! Kansas whooping UNC 40-12 with 6:00 to go in the first half. Unbelievable.

It will be a 12 point game at Half Time and a Certain Someone will score 25 in the 2nd half to give UNC the win...BOOK IT!

It will be a 12 point game at Half Time and a Certain Someone will score 25 in the 2nd half to give UNC the win...BOOK IT!

Its halftime. 44-27 Kansas. 17 point lead. You were close, we'll see what happens in the 2nd.

The game just got away from Carolina in the first 12 minutes. Heck of an effort coming back, but Kansas was just too good tonight. Congrats to them and I hope they beat Memphis.