DrShorebird

Four Releases Saturday Mourning

This morning Minor League Director David Stockstill had the difficult task of releasing four players. Two were especially difficult because of their outstanding work effort, dedication and personality through their Oriole experience. The early release is intended to help them catch on with other teams. I know a couple of Hangouters who will be disappointed, but in the long run, maybe they will still be able to follow them on new teams.

Not to tease, but to allow the players the courtesy of directly informing their family and friends, I will not post their full names until later this aafternoon to allow the news time to hit the release wire. However, their initials are MC, BO, NM and one more player.

The difficult decisions are here.

• Upvote 4

I see that there is another MC, so just let me say that Morgan is and has been a favorite of fans and staff. It was very sad for all to have to break the news. We wish him the best and thank him for his time and effort.

I see that there is another MC, so just let me say that Morgan is and has been a favorite of fans and staff. It was very sad for all to have to break the news. We wish him the best and thank him for his time and effort.

MC, BO, NM and TL

Well if it isnt Morgan, than is it Malcolm Crowley (3B).

BO could be Blake Owen (RHP).

Nick McCurdy for NM.

Tim Lavigne for TL?

I cant say I know who Crowley or Lavigne are, but I am surprised to see McCurdy go, as well as Owen.

CrazySilver, you beat me to it as far as guessing BO and NM. If it is those two, it will definitely be sad to see them leave. One I haven't seen in a few years, but I've always rooted for as he climbed the ladder. But the other, (BO, if indeed that's who it is) has the potential to really catch on with another club and help someone out immensely.

I've been in the locker room after games where guys have been demoted/released. It's a helpless feeling, and certain guys you really feel for. Luckily, there's a couple weeks before the season begins.

I still haven't seen anything in writing, so I am worried that the ole Doc may have heard wrong. It would be horrible to put up a wrong name for a release. An apology wouldn't cut it. The released players are (to the best of my hearing) Morgan Clendenin, Blake Owen, Nick McCurdy and one more player.

I still haven't seen anything in writing, so I am worried that the ole Doc may have heard wrong. It would be horrible to put up a wrong name for a release. An apology wouldn't cut it. The released players are (to the best of my hearing) Morgan Clendenin, Blake Owen, Tim Lavigne and Nick McCurdy.

Wait...it really was Clendednin. I dont understand that move at all.

Wait...it really was Clendednin. I dont understand that move at all.

It was a true heart breaker for the Brass! However, with Santos and Davis being sent down and Wieters moving upwards, it was felt that it would be better for Morgan to catch on with another team than to be demoted. More on the reasoning in my next report.

It was a true heart breaker for the Brass! However, with Santos and Davis being sent down and Wieters moving upwards, it was felt that it would be better for Morgan to catch on with another team than to be demoted. More on the reasoning in my next report.

Couldnt we have just released Davis? Was Morgan looked at as minor league filler or did he ever have a chance of being a backup at the major league level.

I keep getting Jevne and Lavigne mixed up. It's the "v" and "ne" that is hard for me. Now, I am worried that I may have been told Jevne instead of Lavigne. I'll change my posts to read Clendenin, Owen and McCurdy.