ArtVanDelay

vs. Tigers 7/31

Save your sarcasm. Chen doesn't have a clutch bone in his body. The mental makeup to pitch well when it's a must win game is NOT there.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This might be the most idiotic thing I've ever read in my entire 47 years of existence, and that's saying something. Congrats.

Save your sarcasm. Chen doesn't have a clutch bone in his body. The mental makeup to pitch well when it's a must win game is NOT there.

And yet he beat the Yankees in the playoffs in 2012.

Chen has been the Orioles best pitcher this year.

If the offense would've showed up on the days he pitched, it wouldn't just be one game over 500 right now.

You can't count the runners twice.

Sorry, I was using individual LOB... yes, team LOB is less. Still pretty damn frustrating all the way around.

This might be the most idiotic thing I've ever read in my entire 47 years of existence, and that's saying something. Congrats.

Ok... I almost feel sorry for you. But do you have any examples to prove otherwise??

2015 O's Mantras:

• If you're going to hit the ball hard, hit it right at a defender's glove, every time.
  • When the O's score, always throw nothing but 85 mph straight meatballs middle-middle the next inning until the opposing team has tied or gone ahead.
  • Always lose a lot of games to horrible teams by playing down to their level.
  • Always lose a lot of games to good teams by being unable to play up to their level.
  • If a starter does well, ensure that they throw a terrible game next time they get on the mound.
  • Threaten every inning, but never score.
  • Whenever the opposing team gets someone on base, make a concerted effort to let them score.
  • Always GIDP when you can.
  • Is your pitcher doing well? Then you should make sure to roll over or strike out every AB so you don't score.
  • Is your offense doing well? Then you should make sure your pitcher gives up even more runs than theirs.
  • Is both your pitcher and lineup having a good game? It's time for a couple errors in the field.

And the FO has their own set of rules:

• Be indecisive in any trading moves.
  • If you're going to DFA someone, wait at least a month after it's blindingly obvious to everyone on the planet that they need to be DFA'ed.
  • Only trade players that the club can't really afford to spare, and make sure you get a bag of balls in return for any deal you do make.
  • Avoid buying ML players that would actually make a difference, at all costs.
  • Avoid selling ML players for prospects that would actually make a difference, at all costs.
  • When a starter puts together a long string of terrible games, do absolutely nothing except keep trotting them out there again and again.
  • Make sure that any good players actually worth keeping are Scott Boras clients.

And yet he beat the Yankees in the playoffs in 2012.

Ok. 3 years ago. 1 game....I cannot recall any other game where Chen was "the stopper" in the past 2 1/2 years.

Sorry, I was using individual LOB... yes, team LOB is less. Still pretty damn frustrating all the way around.

Very disappointing. We are facing a kid on the mound and can't get runs in and Chen gets hammered.