Sign in to follow this  
Sports Guy

Isnt this Billy Rowell???

He looks pretty lanky, if he gets his swing down and he fills in hes going to be a monster I'd say, because if hes got as much pop as people say now when hes semi-scrawny, when his body matures he should be tearing it up

He looks pretty lanky, if he gets his swing down and he fills in hes going to be a monster I'd say, because if hes got as much pop as people say now when hes semi-scrawny, when his body matures he should be tearing it up

Nothing wrong with being lanky, hoss ;)

Interesting how minor leaguers (and other athletes who haven't proved anything) get endorsement deals by Under Armour. I guess it's working for them though, their stuff is everywhere.

I still chuckle when I see Brady Quinn's commercial for EAS on ESPN.

Interesting how minor leaguers (and other athletes who haven't proved anything) get endorsement deals by Under Armour. I guess it's working for them though, their stuff is everywhere.

I still chuckle when I see Brady Quinn's commercial for EAS on ESPN.

I assumed Rowell being on the UA ads had something to do with the company being Baltimore based as well as seeing Rowell as a future investment. If they think hes going to be the eventual face of the Orioles and they've already got him representing their gear, that might pay off down the road

I assumed Rowell being on the UA ads had something to do with the company being Baltimore based as well as seeing Rowell as a future investment. If they think hes going to be the eventual face of the Orioles and they've already got him representing their gear, that might pay off down the road

Agreed. And I suppose it doesn't really hurt them if he doesn't pan out.

They use other athletes from other sports that haven't "made it" though, right?

Agreed. And I suppose it doesn't really hurt them if he doesn't pan out.

They use other athletes from other sports that haven't "made it" though, right?

I think they're basically just using athletes who they think have the look to be good models but aren't well enough known to cost an exorbitant price for a photo shoot.

Under Armor is a local company and they have always used local guys for there commercials, (not that most dont know this).

Alot of the main guys are ex Terp football players, including the owner/founder.

I think it is great he uses local guys, especially ex Terps, and Rowell was just a natural for baseball, young upcoming guy.

I remember when Under Armor was first getting it's name and logo out there. I told my best friend that it will be as big or bigger than nike. Wouldn't it be nice to have their stock???