Sign in to follow this  
PressBoxOnline

Five Things To Know About Orioles Outfielder Gerardo Parra

2. HE'S ALREADY HIT MORE HOME RUNS THAN ANY OTHER ORIOLES CORNER OUTFIELDER THIS YEAR

That's just nuts. I know some will use this to point the finger at DD, but you have to think Pearce, Snider, and Young would do more over 2/3 of the season than Parra in two weeks.

2. HE'S ALREADY HIT MORE HOME RUNS THAN ANY OTHER ORIOLES CORNER OUTFIELDER THIS YEAR

That's just nuts. I know some will use this to point the finger at DD, but you have to think Pearce, Snider, and Young would do more over 2/3 of the season than Parra in two weeks.

Pearce was not hitting that much, but he also spent time at DH, 2nd and 1st.

Young was gone pretty early in the season, and wasn't hitting, hence the reason he was DFA.

Hard to explain why Snider didn't live up to expectations.

Depends on how you classify Pearce. He has more HR than Parra, and has played a fair amount of OF for us. But he also has played a lot of first and second.

But yes, the fact that he has more than Snider, De Aza, Young, Reimold, pretty much shows how desperate we were to get help there.

Ah, I see. They're counting his HR with the Brewers too, so that's how he is ahead of Pearce. Aristotelian misstated their intent slightly, but I can see how easy that would be to do.

Ah, I see. They're counting his HR with the Brewers too, so that's how he is ahead of Pearce. Aristotelian misstated their intent slightly, but I can see how easy that would be to do.

Ah, OK. Just skimmed and I was assuming by "already" they were talking about his O's home runs.

I don't think they counted Pearce, who has 8 HRs but only 3 of them came as an outfielder. Of course, if you're going to do it that way, Chris Davis has the most homers of any corner OF, with 8.