SteveO

Our number one priority this offseason .....

I'm all for a long term contract but we shouldn't act like Machado is bigger than the team. The idea is to put a winning team and organization together. I wouldn't sign Manny to ANY contract. If he's interested in signing a "fair" contract then by all means. Otherwise .................

I'm all for a long term contract but we shouldn't act like Machado is bigger than the team. The idea is to put a winning team and organization together. I wouldn't sign Manny to ANY contract. If he's interested in signing a "fair" contract then by all means. Otherwise .................

Would you be in favor of trading him then?

How about this?

You name a Duquette move in the last season that you find indefensible and I will defend it?

Sound like a fun game?

Go!

Trading Ryan Webb AND a draft pick AND some minor league catcher for Ben Rowen and another minor league catcher....and then letting Ben Rowen walk after his opt out date hit.

How about this?

You name a Duquette move in the last season that you find indefensible and I will defend it?

Sound like a fun game?

Go!

Letting Cruz and Markakis go and replacing them with Travis Snider and Chris Parmalee.

And (as much as I've been rooting for this guy), I'd like someone to defend the Ubaldo unprecedented 4 y/50M contract. Especially when DD balked at giving Cruz and/or Markakis a 4 year deal.

I didn't make the offer to the board as a whole but since multiple folks have asked...

The Webb deal is simple, we traded a late second round pick for roughly three million in payroll flexibility. As a contending team we felt that having that added flexibility was worth it considering the success rate of players taken at that spot.

I didn't make the offer to the board as a whole but since multiple folks have asked...

The Webb deal is simple, we traded a late second round pick for roughly three million in payroll flexibility. As a contending team we felt that having that added flexibility was worth it considering the success rate of players taken at that spot.

I agree, and Webb was even kept by the Dodgers, either.

I hear the young catcher, Chris O'Brien might really be a nugget in this deal.

I agree, and Webb was even kept by the Dodgers, either.

I hear the young catcher, Chris O'Brien might really be a nugget in this deal.

I hated that deal.

I was merely showing that it was justifiable from the Orioles' end.

If they get anything out of the catcher it will be a nice plus.

#1 priority is to demand higher rights fees from MASN. Orioles should be receiving more MASN payments.

Are you a Nats fan?

If not let me explain.

If the Orioles get a higher fee then MASN is contractually obligated to give the Nats the same amount.

The monies from rights fees is subject to revenue sharing.

So not only would more money go to the Nationals if you got your way, more of it would get "taxed" by MLB.

And there is also the fact that the ownership is under little obligation to spend the money either way.

I hated that deal.

I was merely showing that it was justifiable from the Orioles' end.

If they get anything out of the catcher it will be a nice plus.

I didnt hate the deal. Webb was a decent arm that was expendable because of a numbers crunch on the roster and the rule 5 guy. I don't want to refight the rule 5 decision, guess they felt his upsize was worth the short term pain.

Letting Cruz and Markakis go and replacing them with Travis Snider and Chris Parmalee.

And (as much as I've been rooting for this guy), I'd like someone to defend the Ubaldo unprecedented 4 y/50M contract. Especially when DD balked at giving Cruz and/or Markakis a 4 year deal.

Now I've heard everything. ;)

I didnt hate the deal. Webb was a decent arm that was expendable because of a numbers crunch on the roster and the rule 5 guy. I don't want to refight the rule 5 decision, guess they felt his upsize was worth the short term pain.

It was dumb. You can use just about any "logic" to justify a deal as C_o_c showed. I'd call it spin to fit the narrative.

It was dumb. You can use just about any "logic" to justify a deal as C_o_c showed. I'd call it spin to fit the narrative.

It wasn't dumb, it was cheap.

What's the value of a second round comp pick?

I am guessing it is under 2.5 million.

Dodgers had the money to burn so they spent it.

To sell something at it's value, or more then it's value, is almost always a justifiable action.

Or use it to justify an reason to complain about the organization.