Tony-OH

Tides Opening Night Game thread

Not a great first outing for Penn, though he did strike out three and only walk one through 4 1/3 IP. Seems like his stuff was pretty hitable though. Maybe the rain had something to do with it?

Any chance this thing can get called in the next ten minutes and we can get these numbers stricken from the record? :o

Two more runs scored, it's 9-0... Looks like the Tides probably wish the rain would have started earlier and heavier... Yikes, what a bad way to start the minor league season..

Rheal Cormier in the game. One down, man on second is Penn's responsibility.

If we had Rheal Cormier, he would be on the major league roster. LANCE Cormier is lucky to be on the Norfolk roster. :D

If we had Rheal Cormier, he would be on the major league roster. LANCE Cormier is lucky to be on the Norfolk roster. :D

God's honest truth, a really did think it was Rheal Cormier. Oh well, either way it probably doesn't matter. :P

Thanks for the catch though.

Unfortunately I attended the Tides game last night. Light rain for most of the night. As we all no by now it was a tough night for Penn. Lets hope it was the weather because he looked awful. It also didn't help that the Bison startred 22 year old Aaron Laffey who is probably next in line for a starting rotation spot in Cleveland. He mowed down 5 in 5 innings. Better luck today Norfolk.

Unfortunately I attended the Tides game last night. Light rain for most of the night. As we all no by now it was a tough night for Penn. Lets hope it was the weather because he looked awful. It also didn't help that the Bison startred 22 year old Aaron Laffey who is probably next in line for a starting rotation spot in Cleveland. He mowed down 5 in 5 innings. Better luck today Norfolk.

Thanks for the update. By watching the game tracker, he really dominated lefties and really bared down when he needed to in a few jams. Could you tell what his stuff looked like? Was Penn just flat?

I sit down the line so it's hard to tell. Plus I was there with a friend of mine and his kid. 1st inning was tough with fours hits including a triple. Settled down after that. DP in the 3rd saved him from what could have been a big inning with men on first and second and 1 out. He only walked one and gave up 10 hits so I'm thinking he was getting to much of the plate.