fdfcosta

Wieters

2 AB's = 1 walk and 1 Homerun for Wieters, nice!!

Arrieta 4IP, 1ER, 1BB, 9 K's...nice start fellas

I cant wait to see Arrieta throwing to Wieters in Baltimore!

I wonder how fast Arreta will progress through the minors. There are some projections that have Arrieta in the majors next summer, same with Wieters. That would be sweet if the Orioles could promote Wieters and Arreita at the same time to Bowie, possibly Norfolk, and Baltimore.

Not sure Joe Jordan could be happier right now. The $7.5M or whatever he spent in June last year sure seems to be paying off right now.

I don't think we could ask for much better than 2 HRs from Wieters and 9 K in 4 IP from Arrieta.

Not sure Joe Jordan could be happier right now. The $7.5M or whatever he spent in June last year sure seems to be paying off right now.

I don't think we could ask for much better than 2 HRs from Wieters and 9 K in 4 IP from Arrieta.

Uhh, that is three outs that Arreita didnt record with a strike-out. :mad:

:D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Yep, and considering that he is Rule 5 eligible again this off-season, it would help to know how his stuff plays in short relief before either adding him to the 40-man roster or risk losing him.  
    • They've been using Peralta as a starter most of the year and may continue to do so, but I think his future will end up in the pen. they need to find out whether he can pitch on back to back days if needed where he could bring his upper 90s heat. He could be a Tate replacement.
    • If all goes well for Baumann he could be in the rotation next April in Baltimore. Im curious if the plan on stretching out further Peralta to start as well. AAA has proven to be a big challenge for many of our previous prospects. So this experiment should be interesting. 
    • There is really no such thing as a 28-year-old prospect. Watkins was a guy who had some success at lower levels and was brought in to compete for a spot in the AAA rotation and made the most of his opportunity. Yaz was a guy who never dominated AA but was decent in half a season at AAA at 27, had some raw power, and was brought in to shore up the Giants AAA OF situation. Tyler Herb, who the Orioles acquired in that trade in 2019 was quite good at 25 in AA in 2017 (better than Yaz ever was at that level) but struggled in 2018 in AAA. The Orioles probably hoped he would compete for a spot in the AAA rotation and, best case scenario, end up with a handful of productive Major League starts like Watkins has this year. All three of those guys are/were a half step above org guys, and would have become org guys if things didn't go well (as they didn't for Herb).
    • All good moves. Looking forward to putting eyes on the short right-handed Pinto to see if he's guy or not.  It was time for Baumann to take that step as his command has come around of late. Always interesting when they have to pitch with the major league ball at AAA and how long it takes to adjust. Young is the most interesting of the free agent pitchers signed last year so glad to see him challenged at Aberdeen. Rom to Bowie make a lot of sense. It will be interesting to see how his stuff plays against Double-A hitters. I'm hoping they move Peralta to a reliever role and see how he looks there. It was time to see how he spins a major league ball. Vespi is really moving and it's clear the Orioles think he's close to being a big league left-handed reliever, perhaps a replacement for Scott or Fry is they are dealt. The only one missing here is Felix Bautista. While command is still not good, it's better and it's time to see what he looks like with a major league ball against more mature AAA hitters.
    • @MurphDogg I appreciate your reply, it does help clear things up a bit, so question, was Spencer Watkins considered a non-prospect who just got a call because they needed a warm body, and he turned out to do well? Yaz Was considered a non-prospect, and he has obviously done well, was that an extreme outlier?
    • Nice to see Vespi on that list. He has been quietly very solid. Anyone from Norfolk moving up? I would like to see Dusten Knight in Baltimore. 
  • Popular Contributors