Sign in to follow this  
fdfcosta

Wieters

The thing is, we are talking about elite(well Arrieta moreso in his previous year more than last) COLLEGE players...When you are an elite college player, if you go to the minors and play well, you are very close to being in the majors.

It is just the way it is.

If they were out of high school, no one would say anything...But college kids are a different story.

True, but all he's saying is it's just one start. I remember Bascom had a great 1st start last year and everyone went wild. That wound up being his best start by far. Is this just one great start or will this be the norm for Arrieta? Let's wait and find out. I need to see a few more starts like tonight before I start thinking about him being in Baltimore before the year is over.

True, but all he's saying is it's just one start. I remember Bascom had a great 1st start last year and everyone went wild. That wound up being his best start by far. Is this just one great start or will this be the norm for Arrieta? Let's wait and find out. I need to see a few more starts like tonight before I start thinking about him being in Baltimore before the year is over.

Well yea...That's obvious.

But my opinion of him and Wieters have nothing to do with tonight.

This is the way I view all elite college players.

Man, and I was thinking of going to the Keys game tonight... oh well, I watched another O's win.

Good for Wieters. I hope he forces the O's to move him through the organization as fast as they can.

We all know the Orioles are going nowhere this year, why rush them? I would love to see our young prospects thrive and win in our minor league system and bring those attributes in 1-2 years to the big club.

James

What Wieters did last night was nothing short of magical. Sometimes you just get a feeling a guy has "it." Markakis has "it" -- so does Wieters.

If Wieters continues to rake Single A ball, how long before he gets the callup to Double AA?

As quick as May if he really rakes (over .350 BA) or June/July if he's doing well I'd predict. However, I think his defensive progress will also be a big key to his advancement.

Are you there?

I am very jealous!

Sadly no, I'm working at home today aka watching the MiLB scoreboards ;) but I'd rather be watching Matt and the Keys :(. Update again: Matt is now 1-2, 1 BB, 1 RBI and 1 SO.