neveradoubt

Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

When are they going to start putting team opt outs in the contracts that would make it intersting for sure. lol

I think so too. I would make it a mutual choice though for the club and for the player involved. That seems like a better deal to me .

They are called team options.

Yeah i know but how many of thosre are there and especially to the high payed guys. Usually those or for guys on their last legs and signing contracts not the higher priced guys.

Yeap there is that opt out again. It is going to change the way baseball free agency operates.

Teams should make it a buy out instead of an opt out.

Sure, you can become a free agent after three years, just pay us the 9 million and buy out the last three years of the deal.

Teams should make it a buy out instead of an opt out.

Sure, you can become a free agent after three years, just pay us the 9 million and buy out the last three years of the deal.

Yeah the opt clause seems more like an extensive clause then anything if we both like what your are doing we can extend the deal another year but not really opt out of any money due except like a vry small penatly. I thinks Sale's is like 500k or something.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Johnny Cueto has an agreement with the Giants, pending a physical.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="
">December 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ETA

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">cueto has agreement with giants. 6-year deal.</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">December 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6/130, more then what I though he would get with low competition for him

6/130' date=' more then what I though he would get with low competition for him[/quote']

That two year opt out clause is huge for him.

• Upvote 1

No idea why someone would want to join the class of '18.

I think this would put Cueto coming out after 2017, if he exercises the option. The big group of superstars that will be heading into free agency all in the same off-season will be after the 2018 season, I believe.