neveradoubt

Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

I think that you can't have Davis, Trumbo and Alvarez on the same team.

Davis could play RF for year one of the contract and move back to 1B with either Alvarez or Trumbo (or both gone) in 2017.

Davis could play RF for year one of the contract and move back to 1B with either Alvarez or Trumbo (or both gone) in 2017.

I think Davis wants 1B and perhaps a guarantee of playing there the vast majority of games. You don't take your highest paid player and put him in a position he doesn't want to play. Those that think the man is an average outfielder have orange colored glasses. His arm is decent that's about it.

I think Davis wants 1B and perhaps a guarantee of playing there the vast majority of games. You don't take your highest paid player and put him in a position he doesn't want to play. Those that think the man is an average outfielder have orange colored glasses. His arm is decent that's about it.

I guess if you don't believe in statistics you could say I wear orange color glasses.

I guess if you don't believe in statistics you could say I wear orange color glasses.

And if you do believe in statistics you know he doesn't have enough innings in the outfield for any defensive metrics to have meaning. He certainly takes questionable routes and isn't fast. I'd be curious what his metrics would look like if he played the outfield for a couple seasons. My guess is it wouldn't be very good.

I would rather not risk messing with Davis's offense by putting him in the outfield. He was fine out there for a month in 2012, when Markakis was out and little was expected of him. Now he's three years older a big star with an ego to match. For a day or two, fine. For an entire season, pass.

If this is true, he needs to tell his agent. Boras was making a point of letting teams know that Davis can also play outfield.

I would rather not risk messing with Davis's offense by putting him in the outfield. He was fine out there for a month in 2012, when Markakis was out and little was expected of him. Now he's three years older a big star with an ego to match. For a day or two, fine. For an entire season, pass.

He played last year 460 some innings.

If this is true, he needs to tell his agent. Boras was making a point of letting teams know that Davis can and will also play outfield.

I think he mentioned pitching and feats of strength as attributes in his binder as well.

I never heard of Chris Davis not liking the OF. Also, I'm sure Scott Boras is talking up his versatility of being able to play multiple positions to get more money rather than telling teams he insists on playing 1B only.

He's a slightly below average RF from what I've seen. The more he plays there likely the better he would do. For one year I don't see a problem with it.

The point is; there is plenty of room for Davis, Trumbo, and Alvarez. That lineup is fairly potent with a ton of protection.

But that isn't true. If we sign Davis, we shouldn't sign Alvarez. If we've already signed Alvarez and then sign Davis, we should trade Trumbo. We saw last year just how fielding dependent our pitching is. We need a right fielder to play right field. If we have Davis and either Trumbo or Alvarez, he doesn't need to add much offensively.

But that isn't true. If we sign Davis, we shouldn't sign Alvarez. If we've already signed Alvarez and then sign Davis, we should trade Trumbo. We saw last year just how fielding dependent our pitching is. We need a right fielder to play right field. If we have Davis and either Trumbo or Alvarez, he doesn't need to add much offensively.

We need another LH bat whether at RF or DH. Only LH OF bat currently is Henry. DH Paredes.