Stotle

Dodgers Trade: Thoughts?

Think it is a little much. I would put Gonzalez instead of Gausman, throw in another prospect. But the key would be what Buck, and Adam Jones, think. Can they impact Puig. Adam could be a very positive influence or it could blow up in a hurry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dodgers have better prospects and Anderson is cheaper, better long term, and maybe better this year, than Gonzalez.

Any chance of getting Van Slyke added to this deal? (I am a big fan of his and he owes one after the season his dad put up here lol)

Doesn't make sense for me. Interested in Puig without including Gausman.
Me too. Basically a Puig for Britton trade. Leave it at that or throw in a lesser SP, like Wilson/Wright.

Would Britton by himself get Holmes? If not what else would need to be added:subtracted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. Depends on what else the Dodgers might try to land with him, I guess.

Me too. Basically a Puig for Britton trade. Leave it at that or throw in a lesser SP, like Wilson/Wright.

You could probably take a hard line if the Dodgers are bent on moving Puig and are having trouble finding any dance partners. If there's any interest, I don't think folks will shrug off the fact Puig is under control longer and is probably at least a 2 win player at $8-9 MM a year (with upside as a 3, 4, or even 5 win player at $8-9 MM a year).

Kind of eviscerates the pitching staff, and takes on a ton of risk with Puig. Orioles would have to come up with a bunch of complimentary signings/acquisitions to make up for the loss of Gausman and Britton. What was Puig's injury story this past year? It kind of got lost in the "Mattingly hates him" storyline.

Kind of eviscerates the pitching staff, and takes on a ton of risk with Puig. Orioles would have to come up with a bunch of complimentary signings/acquisitions to make up for the loss of Gausman and Britton. What was Puig's injury story this past year? It kind of got lost in the "Mattingly hates him" storyline.

You swap out Gausman for Anderson. Britton for Puig. I wouldn't say it eviscerates the staff. You would need to find another starter, and you hope that given the number/quality of arms available you can find one or two options.

Re: injury, depends on who you talk to. Some say hammy bothered him the whole second half. Some say he didn't want to re-injure and wasn't playing hard enough. Some say he's just an ass and isn't quite talented enough to be worth it (e.g. he's not Manny Ramirez good, but he's a Manny Ramirez pain in the ass).

From what we are hearing lately everyone hates him He would bring a lot of baggage, Could destroy the clubhouse as he has apparently done in LA. I'd wait and see how desperate they are. Mean time I would just as soon sign Son or Span or Zobrist.

It was mostly hamstrings. Puig was an infuriating fantasy property this year, play was lukewarm at best, and was always hurt

4.25 - day to day after aggravating left hamstring

4.26 - goes on 15 day DL

5.8 - leaves rehab game with recurrence

6.6 - finally reactivated

8.19 - pulled from game with leg injury, MRI reveals mild right hamstring strain, he does not go on DL here, club takes it day to day

8.27 - removed from game after "reinjuring" right hamstring, goes on DL

10.3 - reactivated

In sum, separate month long absences for each hamstring (kind of the opera of Machado's knees over the last few years compressed into one season).

I have read the Dodgers want him to get leaner this offseason, so gather they think he was too muscle-bound.

I am definitely interested in taking a hard look at Puig. Have Buck meet with him, see he thinks it can work.

I would look for a trade centered around Britton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the camp that would stick to Britton for Puig - and you can make small adjustments to that.

I would NOT trade Gausman - period. I think he'll be a 1 or 2 starter, and he certainly doesn't have the trade value of a 1 or a 2.

A major point of trading for Puig is that he's under-valued. I don't think the OP idea reflects that. Another point is that LA can spend like nobody else. Take advantage of that. It's a reason they would consider Britton for Puig.

You swap out Gausman for Anderson. I wouldn't say it eviscerates the staff.

All I know about Anderson is what I've looked up in the past five minutes. At very first glance it seems he had a mediocre year in AA at 23, with worse K/BB than Gausman had in the majors. You say he projects as a #2-4, why hasn't that manifested itself in his performances yet? What happened at the end of the year with the 15 runs in six innings in AAA?

Re: injury, depends on who you talk to. Some say hammy bothered him the whole second half. Some say he didn't want to re-injure and wasn't playing hard enough. Some say he's just an ass and isn't quite talented enough to be worth it (e.g. he's not Manny Ramirez good, but he's a Manny Ramirez pain in the ass).

Thanks. I know there's talent there, but it just seems like a big risk of a huge debacle.

Considering Anderson is the best pitcher in that deal... sure. Bundy is done and Guasman just has not found a good secondary pitch.