Sign in to follow this  
weams

Dan Connolly Took the Sun Buyout and is Leaving

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Guess it's time to make it official: Add my name to this offseason's free agent list. I've taken a buyout and am leaving the Sun in late Dec</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">November 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sad to hear, but I can't blame him. Glad I got to meet him and get an autograph in his book. He sure seems like a great guy!

He's one of my favorites.

Oh noes who will ask the hard hitting questions now?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Dan is universally respected as a National Baseball writer. He predicted the Toronto BlueJays and The KC Royals as AL finalists in February. Certainly no homer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• It’s a supply and demand thing.  Whether someone offers X amount of dollars is irrelevant.  The Os And their structure, could use his bat and his production.   Most teams don’t have that combo of at bats and money they can spend on a player with his skill set.     The Os do...and the idea that other teams chose not to do it is irrelevant to his value to this organization.  The idea that they may be looking into Puig (conjecture) and brought on a LH DH type at REINFORCES the idea that this is salary driven, not producing driven imo.     My only argument with this decision is that this isn’t solely or even largely driven by roster management despite what Elias says.  He is lying for management.
    • Your tone of authority when you are clearly in a fog is admirable.  Anyone who thought his arbitration number was a bargain, as you suggest, could have offered a warm body to secure his services before he hit the open market.  What won't make sense is if any team offers him 2M or more now that he's available to any team that wants him.
    • There are three vaccines, possibly four or five, if you trust the Chinese and Russians. Every factory on the world is going to be producing them. We may delay the start of spring training(only three months away) but I don’t think the season will start late. We may have distanced crowds, though.
    • No, it absolutely is the formula and what’s he’s worth.  That’s a fact. However, there are only a few teams that need a DH, so it’s not surprising that the market isn’t there..plus, you have announced that you are cutting him, so why trade for him with so little completion?
    • Nevin may get reps at 3B, LF, and DH.  Shaw fits in well as a 1B, LF, DH option too
    • My baby. The only guitar I have left.
  • Popular Contributors