wildcard

"Wow offer made to Davis!" (7 years - $150M Not one nickle more)

The contract we offered of 7/150 was too much. If he has now asked for 8/200 then it is time to thank him for his time in Baltimore and move on. Wish him well.

I am hoping beyond hope that the Orioles shift the focus to filling more pressing needs than a first baseman. We need at least one OFer. Pitching would also be welcome.They need to be engaged right now with several players who are available to help in 2016 and beyond. Let Scott Boras see if he can find another team dumb enough to pay 8/200.

@WNST

Chris Davis believed to be seeking $200 million over eight years, per @JonHeymanCBS. Who would have thought such a thing a year ago?

Let someone else give him that.. I like Chris but come on man.

Brit just said the reports of O's upping the bid were false. She likes Alex Gordon BTW.

That's a relief. You can't negotiate with terrorists. If the Orioles decide to up from 150 then it's all over... Boras will have you right where he wants and he'll get your firstborn child.

Please just have the good sense to walk away! Thank you so much Mr. Angelos for springing for the cash, but this is bad business. We can appropriate that kind of money to build a much better baseball team without Chris Davis. No hard feelings, lets just be smart and move on.

The contract we offered of 7/150 was too much. If he has now asked for 8/200 then it is time to thank him for his time in Baltimore and move on. Wish him well.

I am hoping beyond hope that the Orioles shift the focus to filling more pressing needs than a first baseman. We need at least one OFer. Pitching would also be welcome.They need to be engaged right now with several players who are available to help in 2016 and beyond. Let Scott Boras see if he can find another team dumb enough to pay 8/200.

I second this. Shalom, Chris, if $150 isn't enough. Let him go, PA.

Please just have the good sense to walk away! Thank you so much Mr. Angelos for springing for the cash, but this is bad business. We can appropriate that kind of money to build a much better baseball team without Chris Davis. No hard feelings, lets just be smart and move on.

Meh. A little hard feelings. Screw this guy. After the crap he pulled on his team in 2014, and now this, I would be a little salty if they moved up one inch from the 7/150 offer.

Is my thought process here irrational? Sure, but screw him.

Davis wants 8/200 to sign now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If true, Orioles should walk away. <a href="https://t.co/LAixETmGN8">https://t.co/LAixETmGN8</a></p>? Alan (@CamdenFanatic) <a href="

">December 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Source? This just links to some fan comment.

Thank Chris and wish him luck. Hopefully he goes to the NL. Sign Upton and Span/Alvarez.

I agree, who is spans agent. I would try to avoid Boras at all cost.