wildcard

"Wow offer made to Davis!" (7 years - $150M Not one nickle more)

Meh. A little hard feelings. Screw this guy. After the crap he pulled on his team in 2014, and now this, I would be a little salty if they moved up one inch from the 7/150 offer.

Is my thought process here irrational? Sure, but screw him.

Agree. Not a dime over $150, that alone is too much IMO. Do not budge, PA and DD.

Well if it's true, he wants 8 years and 200 mill, thanks Chris but it's time to move on. I'm definitely interested in Upton or Heyward. I preferred CHris since we wouldn't lose the pick and he's a proven good guy in the clubhouse as well but that's not enough to make me overlook that demand. I think our offer was more than reasonable.

I think they all got it from Heyman somewhere.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Orioles have now bid over $150 million for seven years for star free-agent slugger Chris Davis, and while they would prefer a quick response, the situation is still said to be fluid between Davis and the team.Davis is believed to be seeking a $200 million, eight-year deal, and while that sounds like a significant gap, the sides are staying close in touch.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/25407976/hot-stove-orioles-go-over-150m-in-bid-for-davis-but-theres-still-a-gap

Heyman and Britt going at it on Twitter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Orioles are now OVER $150M on Davis bid. There's a gap but situation is "fluid." story on <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSports">@CBSSports</a></p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">December 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have NOT upped their offer on Chris Davis. I mentioned it on <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBNetwork">@MLBNetwork</a> but it bears repeating.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">December 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well if it's true, he wants 8 years and 200 mill, thanks Chris but it's time to move on. I'm definitely interested in Upton or Heyward. I preferred CHris since we wouldn't lose the pick and he's a proven good guy in the clubhouse as well but that's not enough to make me overlook that demand. I think our offer was more than reasonable.

Im just guessing here and I dont have any inside information, but based on Boras' reaction I think he's using the Orioles for more money.First of all, I think ANY agents comments either pro or con BEFORE their client is signed is bad form and almost unprofessional. I think a "no comment" would be fine, but to say things like Boras said to the media almost makes it look like "drawing a line in the sand" is a negative on the Orioles part. I think if this offer is accurate, it would be a very fair offer for a player Id like to keep but someone with major holes in their game.

We'll see..but Im not confident this is going to work. Too bad.

@WNST

Chris Davis believed to be seeking $200 million over eight years, per @JonHeymanCBS. Who would have thought such a thing a year ago?

If Jon Heyman has said this, he hasn't said it on twitter. Which makes me think WNST is making this up. In any event, I won't be offended if Boras asked for that. You can't take his negotiation tactics personally. Or in this case, seriously.

Im just guessing here and I dont have any inside information, but based on Boras' reaction I think he's using the Orioles for more money.First of all, I think ANY agents comments either pro or con BEFORE their client is signed is bad form and almost unprofessional. I think a "no comment" would be fine, but to say things like Boras said to the media almost makes it look like "drawing a line in the sand" is a negative on the Orioles part. I think if this offer is accurate, it would be a very fair offer for a player Id like to keep but someone with major holes in their game.

We'll see..but Im not confident this is going to work. Too bad.

We'll see. I am glad we seem to have backup plans. I did see we are interested in Upotn and Gordon. I just hope we come away with one of the four includign Jason HEyward as well.