wildcard

"Wow offer made to Davis!" (7 years - $150M Not one nickle more)

Dan Duquette to Britt

“Who are we competing against [for Chris Davis]?,” Dan Duquette said, reiterating that the market for the slugger is unclear. “We’ve made a really aggressive offer to sign this player and still field a competitive team. That’s really the issue. How much resources are you going to put towards one part of your team? Everyone needs power, everyone needs guys to get on-base, everyone needs good defenders, good starting, middle relief, a good bullpen. That’s really what the issue is. We want to provide affordable entertainment for families to come out and enjoy Camden Yards. So, we are going to try to find a sweet spot, where we can put as much as we can towards the payroll and towards having a competitive team.”

Dan Duquette to Britt

Seriously. Who are we competing against?

I hope at some point in the next 2 days, Dan says "you have an hour and we're pulling the offer."

I hope at some point in the next 2 days, Dan says "you have an hour and we're pulling the offer."

I agree. Although, as I noted earlier though, the Rockies here are oh-for-two on giving Boras a time limit regarding Matt Holiday. And the Rox offer was more per year than the Cardinals at the time, but fewer years. Boras seems to like waiting regardless of initial offers.

-Don

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> latest negotiations with Scott Boras today took place over phone. Per source, offer on table the same. O's feel best 1 out there</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">December 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Going once...

Going twice...

I'd love for DD to tell Boras, "I'm sorry, but that deal is no longer on the table. We live in a different world than we did just 30 seconds ago."

I'd rather they just say. "We just pulled the offer." Don't give them another chance at 150.

I'd love for DD to tell Boras, "I'm sorry, but that deal is no longer on the table. We live in a different world than we did just 30 seconds ago."

JTREA to Rosenthal

Davis or Angelos or both RT @masnRoch: For fans asking why a phone call to Boras, person on other end not at meetings #orioles

8:36pm - 9 Dec 15

Well played.

A very average movie to me, but that is certainly the best line.

This is getting beyond ridiculous. Just call them right now and ask Boras and Davis if they want to sign for 7 years $150 million. Tell them they have to answer "yes" or "no" right now and that the offer expires if not accepted by the end of the phone call.

That only makes sense if the O's have an alternative lined up and are ready to pull the trigger if the answer is no. Otherwise, what's the point?

Anyone else think Davis is our primary RFer in 2016 if he resigns?

Easier to find one OF and one DH than two OF. Especially with another 20 mil going on the books for 2016.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If Davis gets 8/200, Machado's getting 15/800.</p>— Dillon Atkinson (@DAtkinsonOU) <a href="

">December 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Upvote 1