Camden_yardbird

Heyward May Have Crashed the OF Market

Davis hit 120 home runs in three years.

Weams, not sure if there's sarcasm here, but I'm sure you know there's more ways to provide value than to hit home runs.

And, that high-k\power guys, do not age well.

Heyward is going to crash and burn as a player I think. I don't see it with him.

I see Heyward as Alex Gordon with more speed, but at Heyward's age, Gordon wasn't even a starter yet. Gordon put up 27.1 WAR from his age 27-31 seasons. That would be more than enough value to cover all of Heyward's contract, which begins in his age 26 season, giving him an extra year up front and two more at the end.

I'd give him 6/130M.

It doesn't matter what the Orioles pay Davis, as it has been reported the money is set aside for Davis and Davis only. What ever money is saved will NOT be used on other players.

It doesn't matter what the Orioles pay Davis, as it has been reported the money is set aside for Davis and Davis only. What ever money is saved will NOT be used on other players.

It has?

Can I get a link please?

I've seen speculation here on the OH to that effect but nothing from a credible source.

You didn't know?

Cuban = Head case

:rolleyes:

There's been plenty in the media about Cespedes eccentricities.

I read summer this summer about him chain smoking in the tunnel during BP w the Mets.

I'm not sure how'd that'd fly in Baltimore.

There's been plenty in the media about Cespedes eccentricities.

I read summer this summer about him chain smoking in the tunnel during BP w the Mets.

I'm not sure how'd that'd fly in Baltimore.

Only when Stanhouse is pitching.

Weams, not sure if there's sarcasm here, but I'm sure you know there's more ways to provide value than to hit home runs.

And, that high-k\power guys, do not age well.

No, I don't think he's being sarcastic. Davis really did hit that many home runs.

Now... that was me being sarcastic.

But the point stands. He's among the premier power hitters in the league. He's a freakish athlete who can play a very good first, and legitimate right field when needed (and even 3rd base, and pitcher!). He's a great clubhouse guy. And the offer for CD was for a year less, and $35 million less. Let me put it this way. If Davis was doing all of that and played for the Yankees, and we were talking about signing him as a Free Agent... I think the $150 would seem quite reasonable. It's the grass is always greener conundrum.

Where has this been reported? Source? Something JD says on the radio doesn't constitute a report IMO.

It has?

Can I get a link please?

I've seen speculation here on the OH to that effect but nothing from a credible source.

It wasn't reported, It was Jim Duquette on XM yesterday referencing how it was when he was GM of the Orioles. He basically said if money was allocated for a player that that money wouldn't have been used elsewhere. So he was speculating that DD was under the same constraints.

• Upvote 1

It wasn't reported, It was Jim Duquette on XM yesterday referencing how it was when he was GM of the Orioles. He basically said if money was allocated for a player that that money wouldn't have been used elsewhere. So he was speculating that DD was under the same constraints.

He was not GM.

Where has this been reported? Source? Something JD says on the radio doesn't constitute a report IMO.

Not all of the money will be available, this year

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette says $$ offered to Davis available to other players if he doesn't take it. But maybe not all of it this winter.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>