Todd-O

Don't know about you...but I want Cespedes

"@Buster_ESPN: With OF market frozen and O's talks with Chris Davis at a standstill, BAL has engaged with high-end FA OFers, including Yoenis Cespedes."

Hmmm this seems counter to what I've been reading lately in regards to us only spending on Chris. Oh well I like this if true. Do something DD

Thanks for posting. Hoping this is true (no pick) but afraid it is what others are speculating, just smoke.

One can always hope, I think this team could use him and I like the fact he doesn't cost a pick.

Heck, he can even golf during the MLB Division Series if he wants:)

You're vastly underestimating what can go wrong playing golf IMHO. It can be very hard on certain parts of the body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, I'll tell that to my 82 year old friend who plays at least once a week.

What does that MJ part have to do with anything?

He wasn't injured and sitting out because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was in response to the post I responded to.

Its on the field that bothers me. Did you watch the World series where he played Escobar's fly out into an inside the park HR. Lazy OFer in the World series?? Really. I have zero interest in this guy. Buck would kill him.

And in 2012 Adam Jones lazily played a Jeter fly out into a triple in the ALDS. That stuff happens.

And in 2012 Adam Jones lazily played a Jeter fly out into a triple in the ALDS. That stuff happens.

I remember that happening with a Nick route against the Royals.

If Gordon doesn't want our offer and Upton is also holding out for close to 20 mill and Cespedes will take the orange money sign him and Alvarez. Everyone in our lineup will have 20 + HR ability. We can still trade Wieters to Texas and use his 15.8 mill towards a starter.

If Gordon doesn't want our offer and Upton is also holding out for close to 20 mill and Cespedes will take the orange money sign him and Alvarez. Everyone in our lineup will have 20 + HR ability. We can still trade Wieters to Texas and use his 15.8 mill towards a starter.

Who is catcher #2 in that scenario?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francisco Pena obtained from KC. He hit .251 at Omaha AAA with 13 HR's and 48 RBI's

Wieters can't be traded until June or July. Its the rules. No can do.

Wieters can't be traded until June or July. Its the rules. No can do.

It's June 15. Wieters can still be traded with his consent.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

It's June 15. Wieters can still be traded with his consent.

50k or less in total value returned.

50k or less in total value returned.

They can dump him and get out of the contract. They took a risk for a pick. It's not an unattractive option.

• Upvote 1

They can dump him and get out of the contract. They took a risk for a pick. It's not an unattractive option.

Absolutely. With his permission.

Can't do it without his permission.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Just in time, the AFL season starts today.    As a reminder, this year the O’s players are on the Surprise Saguaros, and include: Rylan Bannon Cody Carroll Dean Kremer  David Lebron  Mason McCoy Alex Wells  With Austin Hays joining once the major league season ends.   Kyle Moore (Delmarva’s manager) is serving as one of the coaches. The regular season runs through October 25.    I’m looking forward to having some more box scores to read!
    • Was Mancini bad enough last year to be in the running for national comeback player of the year?
    • I don't think this was a case of players and coaches overlooking Temple or letting the big wins get to their head, this was a case of a QB who struggled under the first pressure he saw and awful play calling, particularly in the red zone.  The fact that Temple tried to give them the game twice and the awful play calling kept trying to stuff it up the middle, when they have Piggy, McFarland and Leake. Are you telling me that anyone here thinks if they had spread out the defense, put Piggy in shotgun with McFarland and Leake that they don't think they could get a yard with a option play? My biggest concern is that the game calling is always going to be this unimaginative and awful in the red zone when the line is going to be dominated. Good coordinators understand their weakness and strengths and play to their strengths in personnel and don't try the cookie cutter old school approach. I'm also concerns that Jackson will continue to struggle when he pressured. He's not very mobile back there and once he was under pressure his decision making and accuracy dropped off significantly. That's a yellow flag for me. This game was a giant let down because they had an opportunity to go under a Nationally televised game ranked against Penn State but instead, looked like the same old Terp football program that shrinks as soon as it as a chance to shine. I also have concerns that Locksley did not over rule the play calls and also went for that awful two-point conversion. Had they gone for field goal and made it, the Terps could have gone ahead with a field goal instead of being stuffed twice on the goal line in the 4th QTR. It was one game, and people can improve and learn, but what I saw was a coaching staff and quarterback that appeared to be over their heads in their first real test of adversity.  Now if they can come out and play a good close game against Penn State it might heal some things, but only a win would erase this debacle.
    • My vote goes to all of the fans who actually watched a lot of the O's games on the tube.  Even if the games were used as 'background noise' while you were doing something a lot more pleasurable.  2 thumbs up.  
    • He has certainly hit for more power since coming back from AAA. Not sure if he tweaked something of if he's just running into more pitches, but the power increase has been the biggest difference in hitting of late. If the power is for real, and I'm not sure that it is until I hear he's changed some kind of approach, then he has a chance to stick around for awhile at 3B. He's still a below average 3B overall and will not to have a consistent jump in production to be considered a nugget towards a winning team in the future.
    • I think it clearly Mancini. Especially with the way the AS game went for him and it’s also a comeback year for him. I’d be very surprised if it were anyone else. Though Means and Villar would be solid choices if chosen. 
    • Whoever has the highest WAR. 🙄
  • Popular Contributors